1917 Studebaker 4 engine

Hi

I have a 1917 Studebaker 4. I have no head fro its engine. I am triing to get one complete engine or the head for this particular one. I don't mind uf somebody have a complete  Studebaker engine from other year( 1915-1925) I can adapt it to mine. I will apreciate your help! 

• Like 1

You are correct that studebaker 4 cylinders were mono bloc construction on the cylinder and head. Demountable cylinder heads did not enter the studebaker line untill 1920. And the last year 4 cylinder was 1919, which was also the last year for the transaxle in studebakers. New with the hotchkiss drive in 1920

On ‎3‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:20 AM, Spinneyhill said:

It looks like you have the bottom half of the engine and need the top half: monoblock cylinders and head, rods and pistons and valves.

If in fact you have a Series 18 vehicle as stated the crankcase shown will not fit.  In this series the rear engine mounts were modified by the addition of a large circular casting bolted to the crankcase.  The crankcase shown would fit a Series 17 or earlier.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:46 AM, nzcarnerd said:

There are a few of these engines here in NZ. I will have to ask if anybody has a spare block.

45 minutes ago, rbk said:

Fernando

Tell us some more about you.

Do you have the rest of the car?

Where are you located?

Robert Kapteyn

I am located in Texas and of course I have the rest of the car, but no complete engine

• 3 weeks later...

Art here in N Cal. I thought I contacted you about a man who might have the part you need. I do not see it listed so I guess I did not. The man who claimed to have a waterheader for my 4 cyl engine scammed me for a lot of $. He has no parts. What I need is a good waterheader to  finish this engine. Would you be willing to part with one of the three that you have? I am in N Cal. Thank you. I have been working on the car for 2 years and this is the only thing holding  it up from running. I will try to find your part if I can. I am a member of Antique Stude and Studebaker Drivers Club.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, rvanti2 said:

Could Fernando please contact me at lucky7@succeed.net about the waterheader. I see in the pictures that he has 3 and would really like to purchase one. Desperate, Art.

Ok send an emai to me fernandohermosillo@hotmail.com. And sure can sell one to you

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 5:43 PM, fernando said:

Ok send an emai to me fernandohermosillo@hotmail.com. And sure can sell one to you

Fernando,

Please reassure us that you are not a scammer. rvanti2 is concerned that he has not heard back from you after he asked for your name and address as he is attempting to buy a part from you. You previously indicated that you were in Texas but I see your IP address appears to be in Mexico.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, MCHinson said:

Fernando,

Please reassure us that you are not a scammer. rvanti2 is concerned that he has not heard back from you after he asked for your name and address as he is attempting to buy a part from you. You previously indicated that you were in Texas but I see your IP address appears to be in Mexico.

• 1 month later...