Olds machine shop in Minneapoils?

I've finally got the ways & means to rebuild the 400 for my 68 442, and I'm looking for a good machine shop that knows about Olds motors. About 5 years ago, before I ran out of money wink.gif" border="0 someone told me about a machinist named Ken that worked at a shop in the southern suburbs, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the shop. Can anyone help?<P>My budget looks to be around $3000. With the rebuild kit, intake, distributor, cam, lifters, etc, I'm running around $1500 in parts. Any ideas how much machine work & labor I can get for the other $1500? I'm going to need the standard rebuild tank, bore +030, hone. Plus I'm sure the rotating assembly will need to be balanced since the motor has been apart for years, and I doubt I'll be able to get the rods back in the same order.<P>So, can I get all that done and still have some money for head porting? Not sure what machine work is going for these days...<P>Thanks in advance,<BR>Jason

• 1 month later...

The outlaw says you should just park the car in the front yard. That way it will attract many husseys. Once attracted, you can have your way with them. Remeber, beer will help you get the job done easier. Bing Bang Boom...