2 Questions

Can anyone recommend a spray paint (dye?) for changing the color of the hard plastic interior parts (like kick panels)? I assume this needs a special type of paint or dye. Any special prep? I need a dark or navy blue. <P><BR>Anyone have any experience installing an Edelbrock carb? I want to use a model 1406 as a backup to the original Qjet on a stock '69 400. I know I need an adapter plate, but will it fit OK under a stock hood?<BR>If you've tried this and have any advice, thanks in advance.

Umm im not a paint expert but just normal primer should work. I recently installed a 1406 on my oldsmobile and the only problems i encountered is that you need to run the wires for the electric choke which is easy and you will probably have to modify your throttle linkage to fit right. After install with the adapter plate and air cleaner i still had about 2" of clearance between the filter and hood. My advice if your not shure about hood clearance is to measure with the q-jet on there and air cleaner if you dont have atleast 3" of clearance the edelbrock probably wont fit.