Olds parts

I wonder if any of you can tell me about any performance shops that specialize in olds performance parts, Pistons rods etc? I've been dealing with a company out of California<BR>recently in building performance Olds engines, However I don't trust them to be competent in making just decisions. Any help would be appreciated. Even if you know an individual that can get specilized parts. Thanks,<P>S.M. Russell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just my little opinion (flames ready...) I think Joe Mondello is a pompous ass who glorifies himself by telling you that everyone else has no knowledge of oldsmobile engines. He is one of those people who is so insecure that the only way he's happy is by putting you and everyone else down. I have no respect for hime at all and would rather have my oldsmobile built by my friend's Ford guy than let Joe touch it. He may make good power, but I just don't like the beating I take everytime I talk to him. Anyone else???...... I have his tech book and catalog. He may have been in the Oldsmobile business for a thousand years, but his ideas on performance must be based on voodoo or what his daddy's moonshiner told him because they are a little kooky.<P>Just my subtle opinion<BR>Curtis

Yeah, I agree with you Curtis.<BR>The company i said i didn't trust to <BR>help me.... Mondello.<BR>I myself am quite tired of Lynn and his<BR>condecending attitude.

Lynn is a real piece of work. Not quite a year ago I delt with him on the elusive big car "S" exhaust manifolds for my '70 98.<P>They did have one, but boy I sure had to kiss his a$$ to get it. Several other local members have had the same feelings and/or run-ins with Modello and their staff. Not good for such a small market segment...<p>[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: aftrbrn ]

I just recently aquired my first oldsmobile . . . so I haven't delt with any parts/tech people in olds. I had just heard of him from a friend.<P>I would be interested in hearing of others who are also knowledgable in the olds performance stuff.<BR><B>rocketraider<BR>you mentioned Dick Miller. Who is he and how would someone get ahold of him?</B><P>Any others??

• 3 weeks later...

I have deltwith Clifford Preformance in CA a bit for other cars, Hudson, Plymoth,AMC and had very good luck. Not real cheap but middle of the road on price. Jack Clifford is the owner and I would talk with him.

• 1 month later...

Hop on over to realoldspower.com There are many heavy-hitting Olds engines on there that don't use one single Mondello part in them...