'32 Plym convertible sedan - Known?

StillOutThere

About a dozen years ago I pulled a '32 Plymouth convertible sedan out of the weeds and vines in a back yard in Stanton, CA.   Cleaned up the mess and advertised it.   A Plymouth enthusiast from Canada came down to Texas and took the car home.  Said he could finish this, his latest restoration in a year and bring it back for me to test drive.  Never heard another word.  No mention of the car anywhere to my knowledge.   Anyone recognize the car, the buyer, or know its fate?    I'm simply curious.

8-04.jpg

Backyard2.jpg

117-1793_IMG.JPG

• Like 1

Are you trying to tell us that it is still yours and he stole it? Are you saying that he bought it from you and you have not heard from him since? Not uncommon to sell a car and never hear about it again. A rare car since only 690 were built.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

That is a neat car.   Like most projects it is probably on the old 20-30 year schedule.  I have contacted guys that have bought my cars to see how things were going.  One of them I was absolutely shocked at the amount of time and money that went in to it (which was why I sold).

Good grief, if he had STOLEN the car from me, I would have said something a bit earlier than a dozen years.   Paid in full.   Would like to know if the car got restored and see a picture or two.   In correspondence prior to the sale, Jim Benjaminson had told me this person (lost name) was a probable perfect candidate to do the car and would, quickly. 

Such beautiful styling for a lower priced car brand.  Way more perfectly proportioned than my former 32 PB conv coupe.  That trunk really looks good on that car.  It's an add-on aftermarket one?

and it's condition as found, is spectacular.

The buyer unfortunately might no longer be alive 12 years later.  Or...maybe the car never made it back home to Canada on that iffy looking trailer....with loose tie down chains. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, StillOutThere said:

Wally sounds familiar.

While at the POC National in Michigan this past summer I met a couple from here in Southern Ontario who had a PB sedan convertible. In conversation the owner mentioned that it had come from the south but the buyer became ill and was unable to proceed with it. The fellow mentioned that he bought it from the widow and had it professionally restored. It's pictured in the POC Bulletin #352, top of page 29.

We met up with the couple again at an event for the Antique & Classic Car Club of Canada a month or so later and was given my first ride in a PB.

Hope this helps,

• Like 1

Here is THE car, finished and THE story....

" This particular car was originally delivered to California and then bought by another owner in Canada who started its restoration. It was later purchased by its current owner who recently completed a full restoration in time for the Plymouth Owner's Club 90th Anniversary celebration in Northville, July 28th and the 2018 Concours d'Elegance of America at the Inn at St. Johns in Plymouth, Michigan."

32-plymouth-pb-dv-18-sj-02-800.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...