Nice to see that the whole family is involved and helping.

• Like 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

ūüéľIt‚Äôs a family affairūüéľ My¬†how they have grown since y‚Äôall stopped by,¬†how many years ago now?¬†One was still in a car seat I recall.¬†
That is a huge tree, just curious how much is removing that going to cost. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

Are the kids mad about their play set?

My oldest couldn't care less, but he's 15.  My two youngest seemed to take it well.  They both were excited about taking it apart and both actually did a very good job helping me.  They already know that I plan on building them a new one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

ūüéľIt‚Äôs a family affairūüéľ My¬†how they have grown since y‚Äôall stopped by,¬†how many years ago now?¬†One was still in a car seat I recall.¬†
That is a huge tree, just curious how much is removing that going to cost. 

Mr Lamar!  How are you Friend?  I was waiting to see if someone would catch onto the family affair thing.  You are exactly right, my youngest was 2 at that time.  So, you are talking 4 years ago.  Seems longer than that though.  We paid 2000 to remove the bigger tree and 500 for the smaller one.  That also includes hauling away the wood and grinding the stumps, which should be done in a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good that they are already gone.  Now there is no chance of the City Arborist  blocking your plans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How deep and wide is stump grinding going. Will the concrete pad be over the stump hole area and if so how are you or the contractor backfilling. Is this a turn key building. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

No old car yet.. Just got the TV on the wall.. I will have six kaisers soon in this space.. May rethink it once I get two car back from the museum

new car.jpg

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

On 6/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, MrEarl said:

How deep and wide is stump grinding going. Will the concrete pad be over the stump hole area and if so how are you or the contractor backfilling. Is this a turn key building. 

I think they get about 18" deep and width is dependent on the size of the tree.  The tree company has a partnership with the company that's building the garage.  If more grinding is needed, the builders will have the tree company come back out to get the rest.  The slab will cover the sight  of the removed tree that was smaller.  The concrete apron will cover the sight of the bigger tree that was removed.  

The stump grinding is done and now we are just waiting for the start of construction.  I was told yesterday that construction should be starting in 2 weeks.  

Forgive me Mr Lamar, but I am not sure what "turn key" means in this case.  I can tell you that the interior will be unfinished to save money.  I will take care of this myself.  However, the garage will be ready for use when construction is complete.  

• Like 5

Just picked up on the thread. Nice project going on. Man, I wished I had all that open space. More land=more toys

• Thanks 1