victorialynn2

What are you doing with your car this weekend?

Picking up my new (old) ride in Tucson tomorrow and taking as many back roads as I can find on my way back to Oregon.

The journey is much more fun than the destination.

s-l200.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JACK M said:

Picking up my new (old) ride in Tucson tomorrow and taking as many back roads as I can find on my way back to Oregon.

The journey is much more fun than the destination.

s-l200.jpg

Sounds like a great time. Have fun!

3 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Sounds like a great time. Have fun!

Thanks, I always try to.

A suitcase full of tools that I hope I don't need. You know the deal "if I have it I wont need it"

I do have a new fuel sender in the suitcase. I already know that I need that.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I've been driving my '27 Tudor T the last couple days.

I doubt I'll get in any old car  driving over the weekend........the forecast is pretty iffy....... <_<

Old men get cranky too but we aren't as easy to fix. Hope you get it running soon.  

29 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Old men get cranky too but we aren't as easy to fix. Hope you get it running soon.  

Lol. Men I know how to pacify, old cars not so much. I'm assured it's not a hard fix, just short on time right now. 

Try to figure out why my Stanley's oil pump weakens after a few miles of driving.  The picture is from New Year's Day, 2016, when the temperature was 28.  The driving should be a bit more benign tomorrow!

12370954_1157114711005745_3625941655445650923_o.jpg

• Like 2

77° is time to abandon indoor chores. Hopefully a quick jalopy repair and maybe a ride to the beach. Local cruise in should start attracting participants soon. Get some yard/garden work done. Everyone should plant at least ONE tomato!!  Have a great weekend.

Hi John

Yes I remember when Westbury Gardens was special, before that it was held at Salisbury Park (now Eisenhower Park) in East Meadow and that was a fun event.

I have never ever had any interest in showing my cars to see if they could win an award. Athough I have owned at least three pre war cars that have won (prior owners)  or could have won (cars I restored ground up)  national awards I always put a "display only, do not judge" sign in the windshield. Decades ago Joe Percoco of the GNYR came up to me at Westbury Gardens when I had my 1931 Franklin Derham bodied victoria there and pulled me aside to say - "you know if you took that display only sign down you are in contention for an award, your car is beautiful."  He already knew what my answer would be, the sign stayed in the windshield. Joe was one of the good guys.  I would drive that car each year for decades to the annual Franklin Club meet that is 300+ miles away and back, plus tour with it with that club for a week. Usually put on 1,200 miles in a week all total. All this took place in August in 80+ degree heat. When I sold the car after 43 years of ownership to a friend I had driven it over 50,000 miles.

I am about to get my latest "toy" back from a friend who has a restoration shop in Ridgefield, Ct. He went through my 1930 Packard bumper to bumper to make sure it was totally reliable mechanically . The car has an AACA 1st place award plaque on it from 1982, but since it was restored until now has sat in two collections in climate controlled storage and was not really used at all due to it being "in pristine condition" according to a prior owner. Well, to each his own, but I expect to drive that car more miles in the first three months when it is back here then it was driven in the last 35 years. There is just something about driving an older car down the road day or night that makes you step back from the everyday mumbo jumbo and think - ok, this is good.

Walt

After bringing my lawnmowers to life, I just had to get the '67 Fiat Giardiniera out from winter's sleep and have a ride. Always a head turner - and fun, too!

Injecting oil into the motor oil passages to attemp to prime my oil pump.  The fun just never ends.

Getting ready to sell off the older stuff. The hobby has changed so much that what was common growing up, is now considered an antique or old classic. I didn't consider myself as an antique, but the grandkids might think otherwise. Oh well, it was fun and I still enjoy the pre-'16 autos. 

Congrats to the  Plyroadking Family  you did the best thing this weekend !!

PS. There goes all your free time . And worth every minute .  

• Like 1

I prepared the 61 for the Tidewater AACA ODMA meet next weekend.  First showing for me so going to clean it up real good!

Robert

Well, we planned on attending our annual Easter parade with the Edmonton Antique Car club. Instead of getting out some of the old cars I had to fire up the skid-steer for snow removal duty.

IMG_0783.JPG

• Like 2

Pressing my body shop to finish the paint so I can get the car back this week.

Happy Easter!

Had a younger friend over to crank my 1911 Model T Ford. Taught him to drive it. Also fired up the 1912 McLaughlin Buick. He also drove it catching on to the double clutch quickly. Taking the T to Auburn. Hope to drive it around town Friday to see the ACD Museum after parking the my HPOF 1984 Tioga Motorhome I use to tow the T and other brass stuff. Also in the process of getting 6 of my cars running for my daughters wedding in June. The 36 Ford is next with a 40 year issue missing or not starting when hot. Probably going to give up and put on a modern 6 volt electronic distributor. Next weekend is tour in Eastern Cincinnati with 12 Clubs including our local AACA with 200 cars on four different routes starting with cars with coffee and ending 5 hours later with a cruise in. Taking the 70 Vette and letting my cranking friend drive the 67 Camaro.

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio

Well down here is South Florida our season is pretty much over until the fall.  It is now to hot and humid with very unpredictable showers and thunderstorms to go out for more than a short ride.  We had a busy beginning of the year with 9 local shows and the A.A.C.A Winter Meet since January 1st.