NC-car-guy

1954 century sedan. GA to NC

Last time I saw a note like that it was because I straddled two parking spaces so I could open my door.  I did not think it was a compliment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Wha's up with your cell phone camera dude?

Care package on its way!

27 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Wha's up with your cell phone camera dude?

Care package on its way!

It's a $50 phone and the lens broke a month or so ago.  It gets worse as pieces fall out.  Now the cheapest phone I've found is $150 and I'm not that interested....lol. I just got into grad school and had to buy a computer... wanted to cry.

• Like 1

Tha's great to see Matt!!! BTW I have emailed you all the pictures of the day I first found the car and the trip to BG's.  Thought you might want to make a display poster or something for when you show it.

Hoping you are happy with the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you get the brackets and nuts/bolts for mounting the hood ornament spear.

• Like 1

even though I'm parked right next to a fully restored 59 Ford lots of people looking and asking questions.  I'm one of three  four Buicks!   A Grand national,  a 65? Riv, 82 riv convert, and me!

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Just now, MrEarl said:

Did you get the brackets and nuts/bolts for mounting the hood ornament spear.

Yes and they are on her!

• Like 1

Glad you're having fun with the Buick! Feels great to finally be out there, doesn't it? I think people at shows generally gravitate to Buicks because they are so few compared to the amount of Fords and Chevies.

• Like 2

Your steering wheel is on upside down :lol:

those original tags are rare, it's a wonder the dummy who sold you the car didn't keep them. Must be a straight up guy :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Your steering wheel is on upside down :lol:

The tiny spaces they had,  by the time i got it parked I didn't worry about the wheel. Lol

44 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

those original tags are rare, it's a wonder the dummy who sold you the car didn't keep them. Must be a straight up guy :lol:

Lol.  Yea I've never seen them before, and certainly no one at this show had any! 

On 9/10/2017 at 11:37 AM, wndsofchng06 said:

e tiny spaces they had,  by the time i got it parked I didn't worry about the wheel. Lol

And that is the small Buick!:lol:

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 0:35 PM, Beemon said:

I think people at shows generally gravitate to Buicks because they are so few compared to the amount of Fords and Chevies.

Intuitively recognize the superiority?

Ben

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Doing a 3 day rad flush on the buick. Also replacing the fuel filter (pics to come, wait till you see what I found).  In the meantime I washed and waxed all my toys. Luckily the Buick plays well with others.

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

• Like 3

Here's the old fuel filter.... IMG_0980.thumb.JPG.dc237c1e2ba917f4f931e5becaa1c2e6.JPG

sure enough it was dirty inside. More alarming was what was holding it into the carb. I will not be reusing this fuel filter as I fear screwing it in and out of the back of the card to clean it may ruin the carburetorI will not be reusing this fuel filter as I fear screwing it in and out of the back of the card to clean it may ruin the carburetor. There's very little threads left in the back of the carburetor I managed to get a tapered fitting to bite in but I don't think much is holding it. I'll hook my fuel line directly to the tapered fitting and put an in-line fuel filter further back. If the threads in the back of the carburetor give out what are my options?!?!? ?

Yes they do swarm around a Buick, well,,,,,unless it has the VISOR/PARACHUTE, then as they walk away they say, MUST BE BEN'S

Got love that Ben,

Dale in Indy 

You can save that filter by replacing the two way pipe fitting. As far as the carb goes, most likely thread repair kit. If you're unfamiliar, you drill/ tap one size larger, then screw in the thread repair kit. I don't know if they make them for pipe thread, though, or how well it'll play nice with fuel...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beemon said:

You can save that filter by replacing the two way pipe fitting. As far as the carb goes, most likely thread repair kit. If you're unfamiliar, you drill/ tap one size larger, then screw in the thread repair kit. I don't know if they make them for pipe thread, though, or how well it'll play nice with fuel...

I prefer having the filter down where I can see/ get at it....

5 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I prefer having the filter down where I can see/ get at it....

Matt, don't throw that filter away. If it is what I think it is it is sellable. That nipple should come out. Should be brass.

Ben

It is a brass disc inside.  Not throwing it away.  My other carb has a glass bowl filter on the back of it....