'38 Special Bumpers

Guest searle1965@gmail.com

I'm trying to assemble a '38 Special that I didn't disassemble and am not sure what goes where.Could someone tell me which is the front and which is the rear bracket, and do they bend up or down comming from the car frame. A simple picture taken from directly above the front or rear bumper on a car would answer all my questions and I would be most great full.

Well that was fast! It also answered all my questions.

Thank you very much 1937-44. That was a big help.

Tyler

I also just like having the hard copies even though the internet is easier. The old torque tube mags are a constant reminder of how the 37 and 38 models were always deemed to be a sought after and desirable. I notice in the old days the majority really were more into the Century, and the Roadmaster, the Special seemed to gain popularity once the supply of the bigger engined cars became harder and harder to find. I like reading what the FOR SALE sections offered 25 years ago. Parts were available and some great cars were available all the time. Probably back then they seemed like a lot of money but today those prices are forever gone. There were also plenty of low mileage cars for sale. Makes for fun reading once in a while. I acquired Dave Tachney's hoard of his own Torque Tube issues from #1. 

• Like 2