Tail light parts needed - 1937 Dodge truck

vicpanza

Was wondering if anyone has a tail light can or two around for sale. I have pictured below the type of can I am looking for. Have searched around locally for a used part, but no one seems to have anything available. Any condition would do. This can and bezel have the bezel mounting screws located just below the center line (not symmetrical). Could use one or two, and bezels, if you have them. Please drop me a note and like to see pics of what you may have.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

taillight-2.jpg

taillight-3.jpg

taillight-4.jpg

taillight-5.jpg

Hi Vic,

Any stampings like "Filite" or "Guide" you are looking for specifically ? Several manufacturers made them so just want to know what we should be looking for.

Outer measurement  and bolt center on center measurement would be helpful also.

I believe it is stamped DATO or some such brand. Mounting post are at 2" on center. Overall diameter is about 3 9/16". Just looking for a pair that are similar. Will modify for the right side if necessary (close up the license plate lens hole). 

Thanks for your interest with this

Your simpelest solution would be new repro Ford ones but they are a little smaller and look like Ford.

The 41 Dodge truck that we had, had glass lenses with the word Dodge rather than stop. These are really rare today.

If you cannot find DATO lamps perhaps these might help. I could provide pictures if you were interested. O course your Dodge might object to a foreign implant.

I have one “11 lite” body, rim and lens with lens mounting holes below the center line. The body is 4 5/16” by 1 ¾ “. the license lens opening is 1” x 3 3/4”. Bezel is 4 1/2” hole spacing is 3 ½. Mounting is 2” horizontal. Missing the license lens.

I have three duolite lamps. Generally used on GM's, all would need restoration. All have the divide in the middle.

41/4 dia 2” thick, horizontal mounting 2' spacing.

One is complete.

One had vertical mounting holes and was re drilled for horizontal mounting bolts. Rim dented but repairable no lens and no license lens. License lens opening 4”

One has a bezel cracked in several places with center bar, no lens, license lens broken and not usable.

I also have one brand new lens (glass) and one rechromed bezel.

This site could provide lenses. http://www.oldcarlenses.com/

Ask everyone everywhere sometimes you can find pieces in the strangest places.

Good luck hunting.

Thanks for your consideration. Not sure those would work, as I am doing a full stock restoration. I can get repos from the Dodge supplies, with the correct lenses, just thought I'd ask if anyone out there had some junkers for restoration! Here's a progress shot. Hood going on tomorrow, and bed is almost ready. Have all my headlight parts, and getting ready to build up the tail light. I plan ti insert another socket in the can for a turn signal, so that it's all one unit. 

20170206_103343.jpg

Yes. I thought I was going to get this one, but someone out sniped me. What a bumber. I am looking at a bezel and lens for $75 that I might get. But, yes, appreciate your help in finding another one or two of these. The one in my picture is usable, but will need ot get a lens for the license plate hole. I am about four weeks away from installing the bed, and really eager to take this for a drive. Guess I don't need rear fenders or a tail light for that:)

Appreciate all the help. Big parts-a-roma out this way in June, but hoped to have this solved by then. 

Here is one option I found over in OH that may work. Would have to purchase one of two to try it out:

http://www.cmwtrucks.com/index.php/54-55-chevy-gmc-tail-light-assembly-black-body-with-stainless-bezel.html

Seems that the opening is the same size, and would want to make sure the shape is similar. They don't have these with the license plate lens, so either have to cut that out, or use what I have on that side, and thes on the other? Decisions, decisions??