1930 Plumouth 4 door sedan U

Guest Ray Shimak

Guest Ray Shimak

I am assembling a 1930 Plymouth 4 door sedan U. The owner dismantled it years ago and does not remember how it goes back together. I agreed to help him out and have figured out how most of it goes together with the exception of the levers and switches in the steering column and the windshield crank out mechanism assembly. I have searched the internet for information and I am coming up dry. All the parts are in coffee cans and boxes and I'm in a real pickle. Is there anyone out there that can help me out? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help I can get.

The windshield actually cranks up a couple inches into the visor. I've got a loose one laying around that I can take some pictures of for you, I can also snap a couple pictures of the steering wheel levers, one controls the lights and the other is a hand throttle 

• Like 1

There should be a metal track on top of the windshield glass, it has two handle looking things that the dowels on the crank fit into. 

This may be incorrect as I have seen other cars with the levers in different positions. The first lever picture is with the headlights off. The lights are the right lever and hand throttle is the top. The throttle rotates clockwise to increase engine rpms. 

Second is the parking lights position, you rotate it counterclockwise. 

Third is low beams, you rotate clockwise past the "off" position. 

Forth is highbeams. 

20170406_160313.jpg

20170406_160344.jpg

20170406_160727.jpg

20170406_160424.jpg

20170406_160415.jpg

20170406_160411.jpg

20170406_160454.jpg

20170406_160541.jpg

20170406_160530.jpg

20170406_160522.jpg

The 1930 Dodge Brothers 8 has a similar or same system on the steering wheel levers, but the top one (throttle) is straight up when "off" and the bottom one (lights) is straight down when lights are off. The light switch on the bottom operates the same way: to the right (CCW) is parking or side lights, to left is low beam, further left is high beam.

Guest Ray Shimak

Awesome information thanks a bunch. To all who responded !

Is there a metal frame  that borders the whole windshield? 

Guest Ray Shimak

I took a photo of the windshield glass I think I have ready to fit in the car. Does this look right?

14915696063901784848257.jpg

Guest Ray Shimak

I am not sure, these are the pieces I have, the owner and his friends dismantled this car and cannot remember how it goes together. The piled all the parts up in my shop in hopes I can finish it for them. I have nothing to go by other than pictures on the internet and help from people who know. Is there supposed to be a metal piece on the bottom of the windshield glass?

Thanks for helping I really appreciate it

Edited by Ray Shimak
forgot a question (see edit history)

Guest Ray Shimak

Guest Ray Shimak

Thank you everyone for the help with this car. I've got enough information to get these issues solved. Again thanks a bunch for taking the time to help

There is a flattened u shaped rubber that goes up each side, on the windshield (door) pillar.  Glass goes in from the inside and there is a faceplate or molding that holds the glass forward.  This site is for Buicks but the parts listed on page one are the same for almost all Windshield Risers. http://bobsautomobilia.com/windshield-and-rear-glass-seals/

The picture is for a Buick but seems to be the same for many cars of this era this is shown on page 3 I think of the link..

ss-261.jpg