Help Needed

Hi. I just bought a 86 Olds Delta 88. They car is a V6 auto with overdrive. It runs great but slips in overdrive. The other gears are strong but this one just sits and slips. Is this the transmisson or could it be something else like the linkage or a module? I always thought that reverse usually went out first. THanks. tongue.gif" border="0

These transmissions are known to go bad if poorly maintained by around 150,000 miles or sooner if really abused. Some go longer without any troubles.I would use it in just drive and plan on changing it if the rest of car is in good enough condition. A good used may be less than a rebuild but price the whole job to be sure. Your 88 has the same tranny as Buick Lesabre,Park Ave - Olds 88, 98 and other GM FWDs as well. Great cars, I have a 86 2dr. LeSabre, and a 86 Riviera.My Delta 88's are 1975 and 1976.Good Luck

Guest trofeo73

You can get a used tranny for about 350 at a bone yard. I may be wrong, but it could also be a bad tcc solenoid???? Any body else correct me if I am wrong. However, I would just rebuild it or get a used one.