'34 Dodge Radiator cap quest

1Aries

The ram's Horn radiator cap seems to come in two parts:  The Mascot and the underlying actual radiator cap;  I am blessed with the

Rams's horn (mascot) part but not the underlying "business end" part; The Mascon has 4 small spacer/leveling posts and a tapped center hole in the bottom and I assume this tapped hole receives an attaching bolt which comes up from the missing part below to connect the two.

Dodge part number (for what I assume is both parts) is: 383077  any help locating this will be welcomed.

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Do you have a photo of what you have? I was not aware that any ram cap was two-piece other than the separate face and horns from the body....

post-37352-143141934056.jpg

post-37352-143141934073.jpg

Have you ever tried to fit a new face to these ??

and I think your right only the face is seperate, I have one that came with my car, it was pieced together, slight slant on mounting but it was with the car when I bought it, Still looking for a good one but out of my price bracket,,, $500 is a little pricey,,,,,

Here are two pics of the Ram's head part of the radiator cap that is called for on my '34  Dodge DRXX  4dr.  The base profile matches exactly to the top of the radiator and is a genuine Dodge part carrying the #: 388078 which seems to me that it is one of two parts; part # 383077 is shown in the parts list as a "Radiator cap with sheep" leading me to believe that this is the number correlating to the complete unit.  The ram's head is in no way replaceable on this unit; it is a one piece casting.

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

Edited by 1Aries
additional info & correction of part # (see edit history)

I think I had the same issue with my 1934 radiator cap. The 4 lugs and the cap was missing.

To get around this I actually posted what I did back in 2013. Here's a link to it :

Fast forward to the post of July 17th 2013 and you'll see pictures of my radiator cap and what I did.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ian

Here are two pics of the Ram's head part of the radiator cap that is called for on my '34  Dodge DRXX  4dr.  The base profile matches exactly to the top of the radiator and is a genuine Dodge part carrying the #: 388078 which seems to me that it is one of two parts; part # 388077 is shown in the parts list as a "Radiator cap with sheep" leading me to believe that this is the number correlating to the complete unit.

Thanks to Keiser 31 for clarifying the two part rams horn. pretty fine mating job!

Thanks also to Ian Greenlaw for his elegant take on curing the situation.  Now all I need apparently, is a Packard radiatior cap.  Any offers?

I'm having no good luck in finding the radiator cap (less Mascot).  If you see this Ian Greenlaw, I'd appreciate any more specifics ie:

you mentioned that a '29 Packard cap works.. any particular model Packard or part no?  Nothing on EBay that I can find.. I guess you got the last two!  (Don't want to part with one do you)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry was away for a while and just saw your question.

The add said "1929-1937 Chevrolet sedan / delivery / truck gas cap.

Ive taken a few shots of the page I kept when I bought it but this was when it sort of came out on a few pages and only half of the page ( my printing skills have improved since then ). From memory there were quite a few for sale at the time and as it was a repro I'd imagine someone still makes them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg