Connecting rod dimensions

a sell

I am looking to find some replacement connecting rods for my old engine (not Ford).  The originals are 2 piece connecting rods with a 1/16" spacer on each side between the cap and the rod.  I am researching replacements.  The original rods are 1-1/2" journal diameter X 1-7/8", wrist pin is 27/32", center to center length is 7-3/8" but could be up to 5/16" or 3/8" longer.  Replaceable insert bearings might also be a plus.  Can someone tell me the measurements of the model A connecting rods? 

Edited by a sell
Wrong wrist pin number (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, a sell said:

I am looking to find some replacement connecting rods for my old engine (not Ford).  The originals are 2 piece connecting rods with a 1/16" spacer on each side between the cap and the rod.  I am researching replacements.  The original rods are 1-1/2" journal diameter X 1-7/8", wrist pin is 27/32", center to center length is 7-3/8" but could be up to 5/16" or 3/8" longer.  Replaceable insert bearings might also be a plus.  Can someone tell me the measurements of the model A connecting rods? 

Mr. A-Sell, Model A rods will not replace them at all. 1.500 bore, close to 1.500wide, and C to c is 7.500

I think you have 1927-28 4 cylinder Chevy Rods. Look for Casting No. on the rod of 346740, or 344649, and they should have a dipper on the cap. They have a Std. Bore of 1.500, 1.875 Wide, and C to C is 7.375

Herm,

• 1 month later...

Thank you Herm,  yes I have Chevrolet 4 cylinder connecting rods.  That is what I am trying to get away from.  Someone posted that they thought Durant, or Star 4 cylinder rods were 1/2" longer and could be easily adapted to the Chevrolet 4 with the same wrist pin diameter.  I was looking to confirm this info but..... 

• 3 years later...

You can use Model A rods, I'm using 34- 41 Plymouth rods for higher compression. You must build up the crank for Ply rods, I do the clam shell method to build the crank up.  You can also use Model A Valves and seats ( the larger than stock )  A slightly more modern cam configuration helps, as stock is good for about 2500 RPM.

Edited by 040under
more info (see edit history)