34 Dodge DRXX radio quetions

1Aries

Looking for info on the radio installation. The panel mounted parts are installed intact but I have nothing else except two vernier type cables that appear to have connected remotely to the major radio components; I would like to complete the system even though I doubt it would function.

I Have a complete radio for 1933 Plymouth PD with steering column mount controls, the control cable go to the balance of the unit that is mounted to the firewall I.E. speaker and tubed component, It's packed away or I would post pictures, sold the 33 15 years ago, but that is what you are missing large box looking part that mounts to interior firewall

OK, this came out of a very original 34 PE with the proper 34 PE control head (with the gold face that matches the instruments--the black faced ones matched the black instruments in the 34 PF and I have seen them in the 35 Plymouths, which had black faced instruments).  Based upon that, I am assuming this is an original 1934 installation. (My brother pulled them from the car so I cannot personally vouch for the installation but I have no reason to doubt him--at least on this topic!).  In addition to the control head with the cables, there are two boxes with the radio 'guts' and speaker.  The cables connect to the smaller of the two boxes, one for the tuner and the other for the volume.  This box has the appropriate Mopar logo on it for 34 but no part numbers.  There is a cable connection shown in the photos between the two boxes, the larger of which contains the speaker as well.  Both are mounted to the firewall with similar brackets:  One piece bolts to the firewall, the other is attached to the box, and with overlapping 'flanges' they can be 'hung' on the firewall and then secured with a single screw.  Somebody thought this one out well.  I have shown both control heads, the gold-faced one with the nickel knobs which is now in my 34 PE convertible, the black faced one (which did NOT come with this radio set, showing it just for comparison) which looks like it is out of a 35 because of the white knobs.  Since the early 70s I have owned a few 34 PEs, along with my 34 Dodge DRXX coupe and I am fairly well informed but I would certainly defer to Jim Benjaminson of the Plymouth club or their other Plymouth experts or somebody from the Dodge side on what would be appropriate for the 34 DRXX.  Hope this helps.  Photos may span a couple of posts. 

100_8496.JPG

100_8498.JPG

100_8501.JPG

100_8497.JPG

100_8502.JPG

100_8503.JPG