1936 Buick 3 window 6 wheel

Guest Carmen H

Guest Carmen H

Looking for some help with info/prices for this car. My uncle has an older (20 year) restored 1936 Buick 3 Window / 6 wheel Business Coupe. It was a body off restore 20 years ago. All original, no rust at all, very clean car, rarely driven. He told me I wouldn't find another one like it, and he wasn't kidding, very little info on these. I have found there were around 1,100 made and less than 300 with factory extra spare. Beautiful car and he wants to sell, looking for resources to help me through this project.

PLEASE HELP.

Pictures on request, kind of waiting on nicer weather in Ohio to pull it out and take some new ones, but I have a few old ones.

Edited by Carmen H (see edit history)

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. You may wish to check out the 36-38 Buick Club website: http://www.3638buickclub.org/

Once you have current photos and an asking price, I can advertise the car on the 36-38 Buick Club's website and can also publish it in the club's newsletter.

Value depends on a lot of factors that I don't know about the car, so I would not hazard a guess at this time. You will have better luck trying to find listings or previous sales listings or other data if you search for the correct model designation. Buick did not call it a 3 window coupe. I am guessing that you are talking about a 1936 Buick Model 46 Special Business Coupe. 

A quick online search shows one 1936 Model 46 listed at $8,800.  http://cars.oodle.com/detail/1936-buick-3-window-business-coupe/4395318415-conway-ar/

Depending on condition, it may be worth much more, about the same, or less. I have been following the market on 36-38 Buicks for a few years and the market seems to be down a bit lately to me. If the car is in good driving condition, I would think it is likely worth a bit more than the $8,800 listed price for that one. That listing looks to be priced for a quick sale to me, but I have no idea about that car's actual condition except what is listed in the ad. 

That one on Oodle almost looks like a scam.  Priced what seems to be for a fire sale.  Should have never even made it to listing or a friend of the seller would have bought it to flip.  Guys pay that much for 4 doors that aren't as nice.   

We really need to see some photos.  Even older ones for starters if they are fairly representative of current condition.  

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

+1 on the scam.  That is a 20k car plus all day long.

That one certainly seems to be priced quite low, could be a scam or could be for real. It all depends on the car's condition.

A few years ago $20,000 was a good ballpark estimate on most 36-38 Buicks.  Lately a number of 36-38 Buicks, including coupes, have been selling for quite a bit less than $20,000. A 1937 Coupe on ebay a few weeks ago was listed with a Buy it Now price of $18,750. It did not sell. It was bid up to $15,600 but did not meet the reserve. It was a restored running driving car, although the interior was not correct. 

I have no plans to sell my 1937 Century but if I wanted to sell it, I would probably be a bit upset about recent selling prices. I have seen some nice 36-38 Buicks For Sale lately that have been priced under $20,000 and they just don't seem to be finding buyers recently.

Here are a few examples: http://www.3638buickclub.org/advertisements.html

Without crawling around underneath and knowing full maintence history it is always hard to figure out exact market value.   AND I'm not a Buick expert but looking at your pictures that car should be worth 20k or more.   I will defer to the real Buick guys here as there are subtle model distinctions that are important - although I know a Century should pull a lot more than a 46 :).

One suggestion might be to post this down in the Buick forum below.  Not sure how many of those guys are looking at the entire site.

I wish I was in the market for one.  That looks like a really nice example.  Maybe even mostly original with an older respray?  The interior looks original as does the dash.  That's a very good looking car.  I would like to know a price if you decide to put it up for sale.  Maybe I have just enough resources and space to add one more to the collection. 

• 3 years later...