Want to Buy '83 Riviera door handles

Johnny Buick

Hello Everyone

I am in the middle of putting my 1983 Riviera Convertible back together again and I am looking to find both front outside door handles. I have two sets however they are all "pitted". If anyone has a NOS set of a set which is in very good condition please let me know? The other alternative is the have these re chromed and therefore has anyone done this recently and if so by whom?

Thank you.

Regards John

BCA # 46404

ROA # 14353

17 hours ago, SpecialEducation said:

I can't imagine rechroming would be economically feasible.  Those are standard GM parts, used on lots of models. Interior and exterior handles are available new from Dorman for less than $15 each. 

Matt,

Can you please provide a link to where you found exterior door handles?

Thanks

Hello Jason and Matt

I did have a look at the after market people including Dorman and could not find anyone who had them. None of the known Buick parts sellers, (Cars, Buick Farm and Classic Buicks) have them. I will keep looking as they must be out there. I do not have a Hollandia parts manual for the Riviera to check out where the handle was used on other manufacturers? I will keep looking thanks for your advice and comments.

Regards

John

Hello Matt

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. My 1983 Riviera has a push button release type handle and not the flip type which Dorman show. I have sen the handles off to a Plating Shop which I use in Minnesota and I will let you know what his quote is for re-plating them. This shop is the best one which I have found and have used for Zinc Die cast stuff, (pot metal).

Thank you

John

BCA # 46404

ROA # 14353