Eng Struts

Question for 16 valve engine . . . where can I get new/newer versions of the little strut found on the right side of the engine (over by the timing belt cover) and the damper that is associated with the transmission?  When under load in first and second gear, I get a lot of vibration . . . have to drive rather conservative, like my mother used to drive the family station wagon.  That's not much fun.

Engine Strut-Tranny Damper.pdf

You could replace the strut that is mounted to the subframe / transaxle with an adjustable "Dog Bone" type. This will hold the engine steady under hard acceleration. Frankly, you really don't need the others.

As Hemi said those little struts do what little struts can do-very little.  My bet is that the motor mount(s) are bad.  There are 3 othe than the dogbone Hemi already spoke of. It's pretty hard to 'see' that they are bad un less you have them taken out, it's much easier to 'feel' that they are bad as you are describing.  DO NOT use Chinese or India made replacements, they wont last a week, when I didn't have a choice on a friends car that needed one 'right away' for a trip I used a parts store(India) one. it sagged as soon as the weight on the motor was let down onto it. Friend replaced it when he got the car to his home state.

Use Dealer or  PolyBushings.com replacements.   TurbosUnleashed.com as well as FWDPerformance.com carry the PloyBushings line of mounts