Franklin? Tail Pipe

Franklinguy

I have a tail pipe that may fit a Franklin.  I asked a well known custom exhaust components supplier to make a tail pipe for a Franklin 10B touring car.  I asked if he needed a drawing.  The answer was, "We make a lot of tail pipes for Franklins and we know the dimensions."  I received the tail pipe in the picture.  It does not fit my 10B touring car.  I sent a drawing from the club archive and ordered another one.  The second one, made from the drawing, fits and is installed in the car.  I do not know what model of Franklin the one I have will fit, except that the supplier insisted that it would fit a Franklin.  I will giver it to anyone who can use it and will pay shipping cost.

Is the pipe entirely flat as it's laying on the ground? 

Or is it in effect twisted at the top of the arch?

Where are you located?

I've attached here the drawing for the 11A pipe to show - is this what you have?

Secondly who is the "well known custom exhaust component supplier" - I've been pondering getting the quite new, but mickey mouse exhaust on my car replaced and found a couple of places offering to make them. If you're happy that they can make something correct from a drawing, even if they can't make it without the drawing maybe I can send them what I need...

Roger

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.50.59 PM.png

I am located in Wisconsin.

Measuring with a steel  tape, this seems to be the same as the drawing.  There is a twist at the top of the arch, I cannot measure it accurately, but it looks about right.  The diameter of the pipe I have is 1 1/2.  I do not know what drawing you used in your post.  The Series 11 Parts Book says the tail pipe is 33540.  The club archive does not have that drawing.

The supplier is Kepich. I recommend sending a drawing.

To rjp: If you want it, send me your address and I will ship the pipe to you by UPS Ground and you can send me a check for the shipping.  5 years ago, they charged me $24.00 for shipping.  I can let you know exactly what UPS charges me.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, Franklinguy said:

I am located in Wisconsin.

Measuring with a steel  tape, this seems to be the same as the drawing.  There is a twist at the top of the arch, I cannot measure it accurately, but it looks about right.  The diameter of the pipe I have is 1 1/2.  I do not know what drawing you used in your post.  The Series 11 Parts Book says the tail pipe is 33540.  The club archive does not have that drawing.

The supplier is Kepich. I recommend sending a drawing.

To rjp: If you want it, send me your address and I will ship the pipe to you by UPS Ground and you can send me a check for the shipping.  5 years ago, they charged me $24.00 for shipping.  I can let you know exactly what UPS charges me.

Ok let me know what the total damage is. my email is rtpfaff@frontier.com my zip is 99130

Edited by rjp
zip code (see edit history)

On 10/3/2017 at 6:47 PM, theKiwi said:

I posted drawing 33540 - it is on the club website. 

Sorry - to clarify this - it's drawing 31548 which includes 33540 and 35510 on the website, and then becomes 37894 also a separate drawing on the website

Roger

• 2 months later...