1931, 60 series, fan hub repair

Dave39MD

I can feel a little play in the fan hub and I can't find any details in repairing it in the manual. I did notice the gear in Bob's catalog. Is the gear the usual suspect on taking the play out? Any other parts I should source?

Thanks and any advice on making this repair is appreciated.

Dave

If you feel much play, you'll need more than that pump gear. There is a way to convert it to sealed ball bearings. I dont remember who was offering these.

Dont ignore it. A friend with a 31-67 had his fail and go through the radiator!

Thanks for the info. Looks like the Bob's part ends at the 1930 application but I may be able to find someone to make something from the drawing and instructions if Mark can't find his.

Thanks again

Dave

• Like 1

Dave 39MD

Back in the early '70's I had both a '31-67 and a '32-56. When i restored the '31 I made a ball bearing hub for it and I also made another for the '32. I never installed the one for the '32 and I still have it.

They have just bee collecting dust for the last 50 years - it would be good to put them to use.

You can have the parts if you want. Contact me off line if you are interested. We can talk and I'll gin up the rest of the missing parts.

Don

DSC_5813[1].JPG