Connecting rod info wanted

a sell

I am looking for the application of a connecting rod.  Someone thought it was Star, of unknown year.  The dimensions are 7-1/2" long,  Journal 1-1/2" dia X 1-7/8" long, Pin dia 27/32"  I am looking to replace my Chev 4 cyl rods with these if possible.  Thanks for the help.

Insufficient data---no forging numbers?? How about pin length and how secured--anchored, floating-oscillating, full floating???

How precise is your measuring??  Catalogs list 7 or 8 engines for Star, a couple show pin diam of .859 (55/64=.859375)

(Sigh) Catalogs that show pin data have bearing sections, but no journal diameters...do have some bearing catalogs to check after have rest of pin data....

Sorry, cain't help...

Aren't you attacking this from the wrong end??? You have dimensions of your Chev rods---or if all gone the Chev forum here, or any Chev site, should be able to give you exact dimensions needed, then you can find someone or some parts co with a rod catalog to see if there's a match available.

Thursday note: I don't follow mainlines (Chev, Ford etc) so didn't think ---Chev 4s only seem to've used two rods; as many of these as must be around, I'm really surprised that everything to rebuild these, from the basic block on up, isn't being fab'd. by someone or several somones....

Edited by Bud Tierney
Additions (see edit history)

I have the chev conn rods, and 3 - 28 engines.  They have 2 piece rods with a 1/16" spacer on each side between the rod and the cap.  That is how the late 4 cylinder rods were made.  Not very conducive to getting oil up to the upper part of the connecting rod from the cast iron dipper.  Racers found one piece rods that are 1/8" longer for added compression, and the added functionality of a one piece rod.  And no these rods are not being remanufactured, mainly because it does not start with the letter F    Oh well, thats how it goes.  As people pass all that info goes away, and more and more of these things become just so much scrap metal.  After all who wants that old shit.  Its OLD.

• 6 years later...

I found the connecting rods I was looking for from a DMAC member. Someday I may get them rebabbited and installed in a '28 Chev motor. It will also take a little modification to the piston since they have a floating wrist pin but I do not think that will be a big problem. I just thought it might be interesting to play around with like they did "back in the day"