WANTED: 1931 DH6 ring and pinion for rumble seat coupe

keiser31

1 hour ago, 30dodgedd6 said:

I still have the differential from my 30 dd6. I have never taken is apart or looked inside? You think it may work? let me know

Not sure if 1930 and 1931 interchange. I will try to dig out my book and see.

I pulled the cover and ring gear ratio 491   #309938  - 2-5-30 Date.  (the 3 is questionable in the # ) It all turns nice but the ring has one chipped tooth at the very tip and two have some small pits on back side. The pinion gear has two chipped teeth also at the large side of the gear. Looks like the bearing cage is split. But it all turns nice. I think it was restored in the 60's 70's the cover had a weld so maybe had some work done at one time. it would need new bearings and seals at least. One axle the wheel nut thread is half stripped. This has all the brake shoes etc.. PICS available from my phone

6 hours ago, keiser31 said:

The gear numbers are really needed to check on interchange. The number needed for the ring gear is 308281.

You need to know if the vehicle in question was made before April or after April. According to the part number I'd say it's after April but please double check to make sure I'm correct.

DH61.jpg

DH62.jpg

DH63.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)