2017 PWD Dinner @ Brookfield National Meet

Brian_Heil

Since not everyone will be attending the PWD After Tour, we need to start a thread on our National Meet Dinner. 

We like to have this earlier in the week rather than later so we can meet and greet and know each other better as the weekend rolls out.

Planning for Thursday evening, July 6th.  I have feelers out to several establishments right now.  Stay tuned.

What I need is a headcount to help with space/venue planning. 

Please respond with planned attendance and number.

(Mr. Moderator, if you would be so kind as to pin this one at the top if it starts to drop.  Thank you!)

My Thanks in advance.

Assuming my health continues and stays strong, Bea and I will be at dinner.  Depending on my situation, I am not yet sure of bringing the '32, so may have only a two-seater for the tour.  I will stay aware of this thread, otherwise I would be glad to give Mark and Rinda a ride, unless the prefer the "cargo" option.

John

• MrEarl pinned this topic

Our Thursday PWD Dinner venue will be Parkside 23  2300 Pilgrim Square Drive  Brookfield, WI

Parkside 23 is 2.6 miles north of the host hotel

Map link:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Parkside+23,+2300+Pilgrim+Square+Dr,+Brookfield,+WI+53005/Sheraton+Milwaukee+Brookfield+Hotel,+South+Moorland+Road,+Brookfield,+WI/@43.0439201,-88.142731,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x88050695ebf5cc99:0xe73dc6b371ff14c2!2m2!1d-88.1057574!2d43.061204!1m5!1m1!1s0x8805066a15624b75:0xbf0f0d2ba2a3fa80!2m2!1d-88.1081024!2d43.0272271

We will have our own dinning room and plan to start at 5:00 pm.

We will have a condensed menu to order from.  The restaurant has very good reviews, a large side room for us and is close.

The PWD Meeting will be at the hotel site prior to dinner and we will hand out easy directions there and then head to dinner.

Please bring cash as the only restriction is they would not do individual tabs for our group, so we will have to appoint a banker.  Bar service is also available and you will be able to run a tab for that and charge it too.  Funny how that works.

Lots of room, so keep those posts coming with attendees.  This is a nice place and will have Mama smiling.

Parkside 23 link:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88050695ebf5cc99:0xe73dc6b371ff14c2!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4shttp://patch.com/wisconsin/brookfield-wi/parkside-23-builds-plates-for-customers-appetites!5s23+parkside+brookfield+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e1!2shttps://cdn.patchcdn.com/users/263069/2012/01/T800x600/518545dfa16823a195655a5e48840118.jpg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXra7InbbSAhWT2YMKHWNGB2UQoioIiwEwCg

Thx and keep signing up please!

Edited by Brian_Heil
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Brian,

I have looked over the published menu and the photos of the restaurant, including the "farm fresh" vegies and seasonings.  Looking forward to this dinner.

I think we need to put together soon something for the folks not on the forum, by means of a newsletter.  I will send you a separate e-mail.

John

• 1 month later...

Here is a cut and paste from the 2017 Meet Post that was just updated last week. 

Take note of Thursday with respect to our 3:00 - 4:30 PWD Meeting at the host hotel.  Our PWD Dinner (as outlined above) will follow this at 5:00 (I added it to the schedule below).

Note the 7:00 pm General Membership Meeting too on Thursday night.

Reminder to contact me if you have not done so already for the PWD Dinner.  This update post will also put it to the top of the post heap and be a reminder for those who have yet to contact me for the PWD Dinner.

Thx!

Tuesday, July 4th

Swap Meet Setup Noon-5pm (indoor and outdoor) Sheraton hotel

Wednesday, July 5th

Registration Open 8-5pm Sheraton Hotel Wisconsin Room 5

Swap Meet 8am-5pm (outdoor) Sheraton hotel parking lot

Swap Meet 8am-5pm (indoor) Sheraton hotel Wisconsin Rooms 1-4, 7

Photo lane open 

Hospitality Open 9-5 Milwaukee Ballroom 2

EAA-The Spirit of Aviation Museum Tour 8:30 - 3:00pm 

Harley Davidson Museum Tour and Miller Brewery Tour 8:30 - 4:00pm 

4:00 -10:00pm Car Cruise to Pewaukee, WI 

5-6pm National Meet Committee Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Thursday, July 6th 

Photo lane open 

5:00pm -??? Reatta Rendezvous (tentative-confirm w/Jim Finn and need departing)

3-4:30 pm PreWar Division Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

5:00 pm PWD Dinner - Contact Brian Heil

4:30-6pm 65 Gran Sport Division Moorland 4

7-9 pm General Membership Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Friday, July 7th

8am – Noon Board of Directors Meeting Milwaukee Ballroom 1

2-5 pm Judges Training in Milwaukee ballroom 1

5:30-6:30pm Modified Meeting Milwaukee ballroom 1

Photo lane open 

6:00 -10:00pm Buick Heritage Alliance Gala Brookfield Ballroom

Saturday, July 8th

Registration Open 7-10am Sheraton Hotel Wisconsin Room 5

7-8:30am Judging Breakfast  Brookfield Ballroom

Swap Meet 8am-Noon (indoor) Sheraton hotel Wisconsin rooms 1-4, 7

Swap Meet 8am-3pm (outdoor) Sheraton hotel parking lot

Photo lane open

Hospitality Open 9-2 Milwaukee Ballroom 2

3:00-4:00pm Reatta Meeting Moorland 4

3:30-4:30pm Heartland Region Meeting Moorland 7

9:00 - 3:00pm Judging of beautiful BUICKS

9:00 - 2:30pm Milwaukee Art Museum Tour 

6:00 - 6:30pm Social Time with Cash Bar Brookfield Ballroom

6:30 - 10:00pm 51st Annual BCA Banquet & Awards Brookfield Ballroom

Edited by Brian_Heil
typo (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, 07 HD said:

my name is Ted M. I and my wife have just purchased  a 1931 model 57 and would love to attend pwd dinner/ so I guess that means 2

Ted,

You do not need to hide behind some abbreviation. We really are a bunch of friendly people here.

Also, We would like to know where you are located.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Please add me (1) to the list for the PWD dinner on Thursday night.  I plan to arrive late Wed towing my '39 Limited, and am on the Spirit of Aviation tour on Thursday.  Should be back in time for the PWD meeting and dinner.

Looking forward to it!

-Jeff

19 hours ago, JCK55buick said:

Please add me (1) to the list for the PWD dinner on Thursday night.  I plan to arrive late Wed towing my '39 Limited, and am on the Spirit of Aviation tour on Thursday.  Should be back in time for the PWD meeting and dinner.

Looking forward to it!

-Jeff

Have you down Jeff, thank you! 

I was going to suggest you could maybe find a few in need of a ride until I saw your 90 is a hearse.  Ha.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Jim Milewski said:

Good morning Brian - put us down for four, Jim and Bert Sr. and Jim and Sue Jr.

I know we have spoken on the phone but just so folks don't think I am ignoring you, I have you down for 4.  Thank you!

On 5/26/2017 at 7:22 AM, Brian_Heil said:

I was going to suggest you could maybe find a few in need of a ride until I saw your 90 is a hearse.  Ha.

I do have a '39 hearse, but it is a Century, converted by A. J. Miller.  Unrestored car.

The one I am bringing is a model 90 Limited, 8 passenger sedan, has been restored, so yes, I could take a few for a ride!

-Jeff

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, opeltwinturbo said:

I would like to attend the dinner.  Just me.  Me and my 1928 Model 27 will be heading to Tony Bult's place right after the event for lots of TLC. 

s-l64_011.jpg

Thank you John.  Have you down for the Dinner.

OK Folks. we are getting close.  If you have not replied to this Chat String that you are attending the PWD Dinner or sent me an email regarding the same, please post or email now.  Either works.  Last Call and all that sort of stuff as we set our count and table set-up/seating.

Reminder to bring cash for the Dinner as they will not do separate checks.

Also, don't forget our PWD Meeting at 3:00 - 4:30 Thursday Night before we head out to Dinner.  Milwaukee Ballroom #1 at the Sheraton where we will go over Dinner and the After Tour and other (monkey) business.

Brian, please explain then just how the payment for our meal and drinks will be handled if they will not do separate checks.  Good ol' cash works for us.  How are Barbara and I going to pay for our meal?  What kind of

place are you getting us into here?:wacko:

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Terry,

I think Brian explained earlier.  We need a "banker' to collect cash from everyone and pay the one bill.  I assume that person, if he wants to carry a lot of cash, can pay by his/her personal credit card, or cash.  I think he indicated drinks would be ordered and paid for when order is delivered, again probably cash, maybe credit card.

Having been through other events like this, each person, or couple, or group should keep track of their order, including tip and tax. I hope they provide us with a few menus after the meal so we can tell what each meal costs.

John

2 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Brian, please explain then just how the payment for our meal and drinks will be handled if they will not do separate checks.  Good ol' cash works for us.  How are Barbara and I going to pay for our meal?  What kind of

place are you getting us into here?:wacko:

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

What they told me is, cocktails are paid for as delivered.

Dinner, you will have to recall what you ordered off the scaled down group menu they will provide and the cost, soft drinks too and then add 25% (20% fixed group tip and 5% tax) and then pay me.  I'm told it's a nice place, see their website back a few posts.  I'm hoping not to get 'stuck' with a shortfall.