bobg1951chevy

CAR FOUND: '65 TO '69 CORVAIR MONZA COUPE

Seller’s Description: CHEVROLET: 1966 Corvair 110 4-dr hardtop, auto, bronze w/cream interior, excellent condition, all new mechanicals, turn key and go, asking $7,500. 770-735-2693, GA; for pics:

Price: $7,500 

Unfortunately this one just turned up but it probably has 2 many doors for you although it is an automatic hardtop with supposably original paint and interior touting 38419 original miles and a 30 year slumber in a climate controlled garage for $4900 with some fresh mechanicals to make it roadworthy. 

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/6152083263.html

00C0C_dq6qhosKia2_600x450.jpg00w0w_lEZ7aC3PE0s_600x450.jpg

00N0N_cPiLjmzmpsd_600x450.jpg00f0f_ntWcuZH7yp_600x450.jpg00L0L_istMZ51oANJ_600x450.jpg00909_lGOCYsrzid8_600x450.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, countrytravler said:

OK, here we go, am wondering now how many miles my wife and I have actually traveled, looking at Monzas. We saw this one, 2-3 months ago, about 4 hours from our home. This one is near Raleigh. Shows 15,000 miles, digits are very uneven on odometer. Engine was a heavy smoker out the tailpipe, saw $$$$ to get this engine corrected. Nice appearance though, a good 10 footer.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, countrytravler said:

This one has been around for some time, don't know why, but the black hood and trunk stripes were a turn off for us.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, auburnseeker said:

Unfortunately this one just turned up but it probably has 2 many doors for you although it is an automatic hardtop with supposably original paint and interior touting 38419 original miles and a 30 year slumber in a climate controlled garage for $4900 with some fresh mechanicals to make it roadworthy. 

00N0N_cPiLjmzmpsd_600x450.jpg00f0f_ntWcuZH7yp_600x450.jpg00L0L_istMZ51oANJ_600x450.jpg00909_lGOCYsrzid8_600x450.jpg

A more door, not my first pick, but did like the looks of the car ...... but this is a 500 with no bucket seats. Not only do we like bucket seat appearance better, but also necessary ..... I'm tall, wife is not .... no happy medium with a bench seat in a small car.  Almost worth considering the idea of getting buckets and redo front and rear seat upholstery. Earmark this one. Thanks A.S., did you notice back up light option was not utilized.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, countrytravler said:

Seller’s Description: CHEVROLET: 1966 Corvair 110 4-dr hardtop, auto, bronze w/cream interior, excellent condition, all new mechanicals, turn key and go, asking $7,500. 770-735-2693, GA; for pics:

Price: $7,500 

A month or so back, there was a 2 day CorvairFest in Helen, Georgia.  This 4 door has been for sale for a long time, so while we in Helen, we called this number in Jasper. No reply. I lived in Ellijay, GA, which is 30 miles north of Jasper. Will try this guy again. Would have been easy pesy when we were in Helen.  No such luck.

7 hours ago, bobg1951chevy said:

A more door, not my first pick, but did like the looks of the car ...... but this is a 500 with no bucket seats. Not only do we like bucket seat appearance better, but also necessary ..... I'm tall, wife is not .... no happy medium with a bench seat in a small car.  Almost worth considering the idea of getting buckets and redo front and rear seat upholstery. Earmark this one. Thanks A.S., did you notice back up light option was not utilized.

I did see that.  I think it's the first one I have seen without backup lights. 

58 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I did see that.  I think it's the first one I have seen without backup lights. 

Having a problem getting the craigslist relay to work on this ad, can't get my email to "honor" the relay info as a valid address. Will continue to try.

I was at a car show yesterday and forgot my phone and camera.

There was a Yenko badged Corvair there.

Didn't know they made those. It had a side different window line, The area between the back window and the rear side window was odd looking albeit quite striking. Also a vent on the engine cover as well as a small spoiler.

I didn't see the engine.

Found this pic on Google.,

Guess I don't know how to copy a photo, but the car was cool.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

Here is a picture of one from google images.  I see what you mean by the side window. 

To copy photos,  place the cursor over the photos after you have clicked on it then right click for a drop down menu of options,  then select copy image.  Place the cursor on the message you are creating and right click again then select paste.   It doesn't work with every image but most.  

Image result for yenko corvair

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, auburnseeker said:

I have been advised there is no title for a 1965 vehicle in the state of New York. If accurate, what does New York use for proof of ownership in the state of New York ?

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Here is a picture of one from google images.  I see what you mean by the side window. 

To copy photos,  place the cursor over the photos after you have clicked on it then right click for a drop down menu of options,  then select copy image.  Place the cursor on the message you are creating and right click again then select paste.   It doesn't work with every image but most.  

Or perhaps this "Fitch" version.    http://www.corvaircorsa.com/fitch.html

5 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

ESTIMATE

$35,000 - $50,000

HIGHLIGHTS

• Yenko Corvair Stinger Serial #097
  • Yenko built 100 Corvair Stingers to homologate for SCCA racing
  • Total production was approximately 185 cars over 15 years
  • Yenko Stage I conversion with quad carburetors
  • Iconic Yenko Stinger stripes and badging
  • Black bucket seat interior
  • 4-speed manual transmission
  • Believed to be less than 25,000 original miles
  • Beautiful restoration
  • The Corvair Stinger was the car that started it all for Don Yenko

Unable to compete successfully against Carroll Shelby’s new GT350 in SCCA Production racing, Corvette racer Don Yenko decided to race using a modified version of Chevrolet’s Corvair. In a one-month period in late 1965, Yenko modified 100 new Corvairs with various performance improvements to homologate them for SCCA competition (a total of 185 were eventually built over the course of 15 years, demonstrating the strength of Yenko’s original concept). Corsa models were delivered to Yenko from the factory equipped with the 164 CI flat six, heavy duty suspension, four speed transmission, quick steering, Positraction differential and dual brake master cylinders. Yenko tuned the engines to produce four levels of power from 160 to 240 HP and performed body and mechanical modifications to qualify the car for D Production. Dubbed the “Yenko Stinger,” the car marked the beginning of the Yenko performance juggernaut. In the marque’s first race in January 1966, a Yenko Stinger missed winning by one second; Stingers won Central and Northeast Division Championships in the hands of Dr. Dick Thompson and Jim Spencer respectively, with several others placing well in the points. The 1966 Corvair Yenko Stinger Stage 1 offered here is serial number 097 of the first 100 cars, and is listed in the Yenko Stinger Registry as having been originally owned by sportsman racer and all-around character Anatoly Arutunoff. Finished in White with the distinctive Blue Yenko livery and a Black bucket seat interior, it was built with the quad single-4 barrel 160 HP Stage 1 setup and a 4-speed manual transmission. It is beautifully restored and shows fewer than 25,000 original miles, a wonderful example of the car that started it all for Don Yenko.

Information found on the website is presented as advance information for the auction lot. Photos, materials for videos, descriptions and other information are provided by the consignor/seller and is deemed reliable, but Mecum Auction does not verify, warrant or guarantee this information. The lot and information presented at auction on the auction block supersedes any previous descriptions or information. Mecum is not responsible for information that may be changed or updated prior to the auction. The decision to purchase should be based solely on the buyers personal inspection of the lot at the auction si

1966-Yenko-Corvair-for-sale-front11.jpg

1966-Yenko-Corvair-for-sale-rear11.jpg

In NY you get a transferable registration on a vehicle of this age.  It changed to title on the late 1970's and newer cars.   You just need to be sure that the registration says transferable on the front and that the back doesn't have any names on it written in unless it's that of the seller and the buyer is left unmarked.  If there is any name in the buyer spot,  that is a big headache unless the buyer name is the person selling it,  then tell them to go to DMV and get a new one issued in their name.  Most people just don't, trying to get out of paying sales tax.   

Your state may also require a notarized bill of sale along with the registration.  

• Like 1