bobg1951chevy

CAR FOUND: '65 TO '69 CORVAIR MONZA COUPE

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, JACK M said:

Portland and Seattle seem to be the two cities that have more Corvairs for sale than anywhere else. Shipping to NC makes those out west purchases almost impossible, being 2500 miles away. Thanks for the thought, certainly appreciated.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, auburnseeker said:

There is this one in Hemmings on line. Not very close to you though.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/corvair/1934339.html58887766-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Actually showed this one to my wife. The color will not be accepted ...... so I continue. Thanks, though.  At this rate, pretty soon I'll be too damn old to drive !

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, auburnseeker said:

Here is one a bit closer to you but no mention of stick or auto.  Does say all original for what it's worth.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chevrolet/corvair/1914489.html

59119580-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

This one has been listed for some time.  I called on this 2 - 3 months ago, asked about the excessive gap between the fender and the door. The front end sheet metal was replaced, due to an accident.  As a result there is the gap and water leaks in the trunk area.

3 hours ago, bobg1951chevy said:

I called on this 2 - 3 months ago, asked about the excessive gap...

It's good to be patient, and a careful buyer,

scrutinizing cost and quality.  

Your perseverence will be rewarded eventually.

I have a friend that has come to the realization he has way too many cars and was told that he has a Corvair in the lot that he was going to cut loose.  It's suppose to be a nice turn key car he bought off some Corvair fanatic a couple of years ago.  I'll get the details and get back to you if it's something that fits your criteria. 

18 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I have a friend that has come to the realization he has way too many cars and was told that he has a Corvair in the lot that he was going to cut loose.  It's suppose to be a nice turn key car he bought off some Corvair fanatic a couple of years ago.  I'll get the details and get back to you if it's something that fits your criteria. 

Yes sir, I would appreciate any info you could provide to me.

My criteria is '65 to '69 Monza Coupe with P.G. 

NO evening orchid color. 

Condition must be good, price must be reasonable.

Thanks !

20 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

It's good to be patient, and a careful buyer,

scrutinizing cost and quality.  

Your perseverence will be rewarded eventually.

Thanks for the encouraging words, John.

I have both my nice '51's for sale, both are stick.

Truth is, my ongoing search for a nice Corvair Monza has been disappointing, am thinking of converting one of the '51's to automatic.

Problem with that idea is the fact that my wife will still not be able to steer or stop the '51.

I truly would like her to ACTIVELY experience the fun of the "old car hobby" .... while she AND I are still able to do so.

One gent has "some interest" in selling his Monza to me, but he's in no hurry, has other "priorities" on his mind.

So ..... we keep on thinking and trying to make something work.  :-)

18 hours ago, countrytravler said:

Shipping coast to coast around 1500. Not 2500 unless it's enclosed.

When I mentioned 2,500, I was speaking of miles, not dollars. Fact is though, Portland is 2,700 miles from me.

24 minutes ago, bobg1951chevy said:

When I mentioned 2,500, I was speaking of miles, not dollars. Fact is though, Portland is 2,700 miles from me.

This is on post #19.

SPARKEE, I have talked to the lady on the red/orange one, it's over 100,000 miles.

I also saw the white one, but I'm looking for the bucket seat Monza.

Thanks, though.

Either one would cost approx. $2,500 to ship, from the west coast to here in NC.

6 hours ago, countrytravler said:

This is on post #19.

SPARKEE, I have talked to the lady on the red/orange one, it's over 100,000 miles.

I also saw the white one, but I'm looking for the bucket seat Monza.

Thanks, though.

Either one would cost approx. $2,500 to ship, from the west coast to here in NC.

I was speaking of post # 29 in my reply to you. See below in bold.

A  $1500  charge for coast to coast transport, or .55 to .60 per loaded mile,  would be something  I've not found anywhere yet.

"Portland and Seattle seem to be the two cities that have more Corvairs for sale than anywhere else. Shipping to NC makes those out west purchases almost impossible, being 2500 miles away. Thanks for the thought, certainly appreciated."

16 minutes ago, bobg1951chevy said:

I was speaking of post # 29 in my reply to you. See below in bold.

A  $1500  charge for coast to coast transport, or .55 to .60 per loaded mile,  would be something  I've not found anywhere yet.

"Portland and Seattle seem to be the two cities that have more Corvairs for sale than anywhere else. Shipping to NC makes those out west purchases almost impossible, being 2500 miles away. Thanks for the thought, certainly appreciated."

I have been hauling cars for 40 plus years until 2011. One of my loads from WA to Maine. I still get cars moved for customers. 

unnamed (1).jpg

17 hours ago, countrytravler said:

I have been hauling cars for 40 plus years until 2011. One of my loads from WA to Maine. I still get cars moved for customers. 

unnamed (1).jpg

"I still get cars moved for customers"

Good to hear.

It is 2,700 miles from Portland, Oregon to Hendersonville, NC.

Please direct me to a connection for a transporter who will charge me .55 to .60 per loaded mile.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Need zip to zip

Open or closed transport

Window date for pick up

Year, make of vehicle

Inop?

If inop-roll, steer, brakes?

Residential or commercial on pick and drop?

If residential, may need flatbed service at both ends.

Most residential have laws from going in with a big truck.

Make sure that you have comp ins in case something happens in transit, weather etc.

Thanks

Dave

PS

Just some pictures of Corvairs.

1298.jpg

ab0c01cee625d87d745b19ead3bbc53f.jpg

c309b32e973398efe1147d8fc811527f.jpg

corvair-ad-cu.jpg

Corvair-towing-3.jpg

67c27411ebea13d69138c0cb57164d1e.jpg

2014-11-10 14_00_15-300 hp from Corvair turbo_.png

20140503_133147.jpg

benLynn-rampside4.jpg

S147_Chevrolet_1961_Corvair-95_Rampside-Pickup_1R124S118302_900.jpg

I just was this post . I have a 1968 Monza convertible, 110 hp, 4 speed car, am radio . It runs and yard drives with working brakes, lights ect, has new tires and decent interior.The dash pan is nice. The body is quite good, great floors and rockers. It has a old repaint on it .The car is cream yellow with black interior and top. . It has a PA title .I would like $3000.00 Mike West 585 738 1541 Car is located in Livonia NY

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)

My friend's car is a stick car so that one is out.  I'll keep my eyes out for any more and pass them along. Looked at a coupe locally  yesterday for sale but it was crusty.  

29 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

My friend's car is a stick car so that one is out.  I'll keep my eyes out for any more and pass them along. Looked at a coupe locally  yesterday for sale but it was crusty.  

Thanks A.S., certainly appreciate your assistance.

1 hour ago, mikewest said:

I just was this post . I have a 1968 Monza convertible, 110 hp, 4 speed car, am radio . It runs and yard drives with working brakes, lights ect, has new tires and decent interior.The dash pan is nice. The body is quite good, great floors and rockers. It has a old repaint on it .The car is cream yellow with black interior and top. . It has a PA title .I would like $3000.00 Mike West 585 738 1541 Car is located in Livonia NY

For me, I need a P.G. for certain.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, countrytravler said:

Need zip to zip

Open or closed transport

Window date for pick up

Year, make of vehicle

Inop?

If inop-roll, steer, brakes?

Residential or commercial on pick and drop?

If residential, may need flatbed service at both ends.

Most residential have laws from going in with a big truck.

Make sure that you have comp ins in case something happens in transit, weather etc.

Thanks

Dave

PS

Just some pictures of Corvairs.

1298.jpg

ab0c01cee625d87d745b19ead3bbc53f.jpg

c309b32e973398efe1147d8fc811527f.jpg

corvair-ad-cu.jpg

Corvair-towing-3.jpg

67c27411ebea13d69138c0cb57164d1e.jpg

2014-11-10 14_00_15-300 hp from Corvair turbo_.png

20140503_133147.jpg

benLynn-rampside4.jpg

S147_Chevrolet_1961_Corvair-95_Rampside-Pickup_1R124S118302_900.jpg

David, when I get to the point where I can give you specific information, I will make contact with you.

• Like 1

I am wondering how that guy towing that big boat keeps clutch and brakes in his poor little Vair'.

For that matter I wouldn't want to be in front of him when he has to stop the thing in traffic.

With no bow stop he will be wearing that boat if he can get brakes to the ground.

I love the early convertibles.

That boat photo looks like a dealer shot to show how strong the little car is.  

On 5/19/2017 at 9:28 PM, countrytravler said:

Shipping coast to coast around 1500. Not 2500 unless it's enclosed.

With whom?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

With whom?

All depends on when you're ready to ship. Are you shippiing?