bobg1951chevy

CAR FOUND: '65 TO '69 CORVAIR MONZA COUPE

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a "CLEAN", UNMOLESTED, UNDAMAGED, NO RUST 1965 THRU 1969 CORVAIR MONZA COUPE.

Prefer an original owner OR an owner who has a valid paper trail, with documented receipts.

A TURN KEY CAR, NO PROJECTS.

110 H.P. IS  FINE, 140 H.P IS OK, BUT NO TURBOS. 

Must be Powerglide.

Must have a clean title, in the current owners name.

Contact me with pics, mileage and asking price.

Email bobg1951chevy@ellijay.com

Thanks, Bob

Edited by bobg1951chevy
correct wording. (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to Crags List, Nashville TN. 

As of Feb 5, there are two 1965 Monza Convertibles for sale

The red one is a 4 speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, huptoy said:

Go to Crags List, Nashville TN. 

As of Feb 5, there are two 1965 Monza Convertibles for sale

The red one is a 4 speed.

Thank you, I'll look.  Gone on 2-7-16. :-(

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be a fine, upstanding AACA member, who has cared well for his/her "65 to "69 Monza ... an individual who wants to pass their FINE Monza to the next caretaker ........ me.

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Bob,

I ran a wanted ad in the AACA magazine and had great success searching for a car a few years ago, You never know...... I was searching for a Chevrolet Monza Mirage, which is a pretty rare car, I found a lot of Corvair Monza's in what seemed to be in very nice shape, so they are out there

good luck with your search

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aestorrs said:

Hi- 

Did you check with Marty Roth of the  New Orleans La. area I think he may have one for sale He is on the form some times.,

Al Storrs

 

Thank you Al, I appreciate the referral -

 

Yes, Bob and I have been in touch, and have discussed my 1965 Monza convertible.

He seemed to really like the idea of our23,xxx mile No-Rust convertible, 

However Bob and I both understand that, while mine is a 4-speed,

Bob's preference for a PowerGlide would be beneficial for his wife.

 

My wife's meniscus surgery years ago on her left knee still affects her on some (but not all) of our stick shift cars, 

so I can fully understand their preference.

 

Part of the reason we are considering selling ours is because a Corvair sits so low to the ground that it is difficult for her to exit - and our Corvette also gives her problems when exiting.

 

Hopefully Bob will find the right Corvair.

Happy Wife - Happy Life

(don't most of us learn that - even if it takes repeat lessons?) 

Edited by Marty Roth
typos and correction (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks John.

At this point, I am not yet a fee paying, card carrying member of AACA.

Is membership required, in order to place an ad in the magazine ?

 

Edited by bobg1951chevy
modify (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aestorrs said:

Hi- 

Did you check with Marty Roth of the  New Orleans La. area I think he may have one for sale He is on the form some times.,

Al Storrs

Thanks Al, Marty explains it all so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

 

Thank you Al, I appreciate the referral -

 

Yes, Bob and I have been in touch, and have discussed my 1965 Monza convertible.

He seemed to really like the idea of our23,xxx mile No-Rust convertible, 

However Bob and I both understand that, while mine is a 4-speed,

Bob's preference for a PowerGlide would be beneficial for his wife.

 

My wife's meniscus surgery years ago on her left knee still affects her on some (but not all) of our stick shift cars, 

so I can fully understand their preference.

 

Part of the reason we are considering selling ours is because a Corvair sits so low to the ground that it is difficult for her to exit - and our Corvette also gives her problems when exiting.

 

Hopefully Bob will find the right Corvair.

Happy Wife - Happy Life

(don't most of us learn that - even if it takes repeat lessons?) 

 

13 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

 

Thank you Al, I appreciate the referral -

 

Yes, Bob and I have been in touch, and have discussed my 1965 Monza convertible.

He seemed to really like the idea of our23,xxx mile No-Rust convertible, 

However Bob and I both understand that, while mine is a 4-speed,

Bob's preference for a PowerGlide would be beneficial for his wife.

 

My wife's meniscus surgery years ago on her left knee still affects her on some (but not all) of our stick shift cars, 

so I can fully understand their preference.

 

Part of the reason we are considering selling ours is because a Corvair sits so low to the ground that it is difficult for her to exit - and our Corvette also gives her problems when exiting.

 

Hopefully Bob will find the right Corvair.

Happy Wife - Happy Life

(don't most of us learn that - even if it takes repeat lessons?) 

Thanks Marty, should add that both my wife and myself have had our "clutch knees" replaced.

I need to reconstruct the wording in my ad, stating "must be powerglide".  NOW REWRITTEN.

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I continue to look for the '65 to '69 Monza out there, who is looking for its next caretaker.

A TURN KEY CAR, NO PROJECTS.

110 H.P. IS  FINE, 140 H.P IS OK, BUT NO TURBOS. 

Must be Powerglide.

Must have a clean title, in the current owners name.

Contact me with pics, mileage and asking price.

Email bobg1951chevy@ellijay.com

Thanks, Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching as a bystander, why no turbos?

 

I do see them for sale frequently.  Here are a couple from a local Craig's list search today:

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6019218551.html (auto, convt)

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/5986687450.html (auto, convt)

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5974196366.html (manual, more typical pricing)

 

Several others - but all manual transmission.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SparkEE said:

Just watching as a bystander, why no turbos?

 

I do see them for sale frequently.  Here are a couple from a local Craig's list search today:

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6019218551.html (auto, convt)

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/5986687450.html (auto, convt)

 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5974196366.html (manual, more typical pricing)

 

Several others - but all manual transmission.

 

 

 

 

Must be a '65 to '69, must have a powerglide tranny.

Why no turbos ? Didn't think a turbo came with powerglide.

Edited by bobg1951chevy
wording (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't pay attention to the year range, did I?  It looks like the second one in the list is the only applicable one from yesterday's search.  

 

Thanks, 'was wondering about the turbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone out there thinking of selling their well maintained '65 to '69 Corvair Monza Coupe with P.G. ?

Let me know.

 

Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looking for a '65 to '69 Corvair Coupe, in nice condition.

Tough assignment,

The "for sale" ads are not matching the cars attached to those same  ads.

Just drove 520 miles round trip, only to discover the serial number on the title did not match the serial number on the car.

That discovery was after I spoke to the seller .... before my trip, telling me all the numbers matched, between title and car.

Same car .... owner states car has low mileage, but looking at the up and down positions  of the 5 digits on the odometer leads me to believe the car has the mileage shown ........ plus 100,000 miles. 

Sad that some folks are not straight forward, as to the content of their ads, regarding the ACTUAL condition of the vehicle.

Sorry to rattle on ..... just very discouraged.

There must be a AACA member out there who has a nice Monza Coupe for sale.

Help !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPARKEE, I have talked to the lady on the red/orange one, it's over 100,000 miles.

I also saw the white one, but I'm looking for the bucket seat Monza.

Thanks, though.

Either one would cost approx. $2,500 to ship, from the west coast to here in NC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to find a Corvair with low miles because they are so much fun the drive!:D

 

Continue the search, it will be worth the wait!

 

Nothing that meets your requirements has shown up locally. I did sell my friend's 64 convertible I mentioned a few months back. Early and 4 speed, not your desire.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

It's hard to find a Corvair with low miles because they are so much fun the drive!:D

 

Continue the search, it will be worth the wait!

 

Nothing that meets your requirements has shown up locally. I did sell my friend's 64 convertible I mentioned a few months back. Early and 4 speed, not your desire.;)

I recall the car you are speaking of .... we have traveled 500 plus miles, on round trips, looking at potential vehicles.

We are looking anywhere within reason, but sometimes the reasoning gets fuzzy. 

Went to the Corvair Fair in Helen this past weekend, only one LM was for sale, price was high, quality was not.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Frank. We will continue to beat the bushes !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there is the Virginia Vair Fair in Lexington, VA  June 2,3,4.

 

It is a smaller show, although the host hotel has sold out of rooms.

 

Not always are there cars that meet your description for sale at these shows (rotates around the state by the Virginia club hosting that year), but you never know.;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

And there is the Virginia Vair Fair in Lexington, VA  June 2,3,4.

 

It is a smaller show, although the host hotel has sold out of rooms.

 

Not always are there cars that meet your description for sale at these shows (rotates around the state by the Virginia club hosting that year), but you never know.;)

Thanks Frank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now