spark plugs

Phillip Robinson

Get yourself a set of NKG AG-6 and your driving problems will be over.  Keep hunting for your AC 86 and when you get a set keep them for shows or judging.

In 58 years (400,000 miles I have used a lot of spark plugs.  I used AC 86 when they were easily available or Champions if I couldn't find ACs.  As a daily driver I found that I had to clean either plug at 5,000 miles and replace about 10,000.  Thirty years ago I discovered NKG plugs and have never looked back.  They always last more than 20,000 miles and I "think" the car runs better.  Only my 2 cents worth.

As usual , tinindian, you have come up with the detail. Thanks Phil. At the moment i am using the Lodge bbl, which work fine. Recently i overhauled the fuel and soon after, the carby, and then with some new plugs, ac87, started car, but too rough. Old plugs back in, and no problem.  Anyway AG 6 will be in soon. Thanks 

• 4 years later...

Phil Robertson, did you find satisfactory plugs for your 29 Chevy in Au? I also have a 29 and have had to use Champion D16 plugs, probably not the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

use the AC 86 that is what most of us with 1929-32 Chevrolet 194 6 Cylinders use, but set the tune up accordingly !! this is proven settings, i have this on my 1929 & 1930 and it fires right up every time, runs strong, no hesitation, etc...  tons of discussion about this over on the VCCA !!

Dwell: 34-36 DEG
Spark Plugs: AC C-86 or AC C-87
Spark Plug Gap: .040"
Timing: 18 DEG BTDC
Float Level: .75"

• 3 weeks later...