Identification of Fender Skirts and Spare Wheel covers

dodgebrother

Actually, three of the bottom four are Airflow skirts. The bottom left skirt, which appears to be black, is for an Airstream. If you'll look closely at that black skirt, which fits the right side of the car, you'll notice that at the bottom trailing edge there is a small flair which points too the rear. The Airflow skirts don't have this flair and appear to have almost symmetrical leading and trailing bottom corners. Airstream skirts, like the black one, came in two different heights, although I don't know if I can recall for a certainty their measurements. I think that maybe the '35s and '36s were 16" tall, and the '37s and '38s and the few that might have come on a '39 Plymouth, were 14". I've never been able to identify the exact car that Chrysler product skirts came off of because they had such a variety of emblems and molding combinations. As far moldings alone go, some had none, some had stainless, some had painted and some had both painted and stainless. I've looked at Google Images for some clues, but there are so many inconsistencies that is fairly clear that a lot of owners don't know either. Although they look mid thirties, I don't recognize the top two white ones. I doubt that they are for any Chrysler product. They had far too ostentatious of an emblem for Walter P. If you have some time you might go to Google Images and search through pictures of GM cars, Olds, maybe and then also try the independents.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, dodgebrother said:

Any idea what the spare tire covers are off?

try to get accurate measure of total diameter, as well as the center hole diameter

center diameter should help viewers determine the wheel size, and perhaps tire size from outer size, to get a year range

there should be a rear half to cover the entire tire,....or, a rear piece and a band at center of tire?

Here are the measurements for the white pair of skirts as requested by mikewest.

Basically they are; 16 5/8" high, 31 3/8" wide at flare tip on bottom, 28 1/2" just above flare at bottom, 25 1/2" wide at middle.

Anybody got a 35 Chevrolet to compare these measurements to?

Sorry about it being upside down but that is the way it loaded onto here.

is there a way to rotate it on the site?

Edited by dodgebrother
photo was upside down (see edit history)

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, dodgebrother said:

Can anyone assist me to identify these fender skirts by make, model and year?

I am assuming they are Dodge, Desoto, Chrysler.

Also the set of spare wheel covers.

These may be Chevrolet.

thanks,

Brian

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

Middle row -  black - 1935 Chrysler Airflow LH;  cream - 1934 Chrysler Airflow LH; lower right - 1937 Chrysler Airflow. C17 RH

Not sure about which models the '34 and '35 Airflow skirts fit without measurements as the shorter wheelbase cars had smaller skirts. Lower left skirt may be '37 or '38 Chrysler conventional body. Can't help you on the top pair of skirts though.

Thanks to Hudsy and Jim for your comments and ID info.

Jim the top two are for a 1935 Chevrolet Master Deluxe.

Apparently the 35 and 36 are the same.

Being a Dodge man I don't need the Chev skirts so will offer those for sale.

Apparently they are fairly rare.

I currently have a set of 38 Desoto skirts on my 35 Dodge coupe and they are almost a perfect fit.

The black lower left skirt is the same size as the 38 Desoto.

I am going to put a pair on my 34 Dodge sedan slant back.

This is my 35 Dodge Brothers Coupe with 38 Desoto skirts.

Not for the purist but a ton of fun for evening cruising.

Old school look with a 350 HO crate, 700R4, all Lokar, Heidts, 9", vintage air, Auto meter etc.

The other photo is my 34 Dodge Sedan which I will put skirts on when I find a good fit and a luggage rack and few other bolt period options.

This will remain stock.

Car is CDN built and came out of Ontario.

Very solid one repaint apparently with little else done.

Plan is to not make it perfect but make it right and reliable.

The Desoto skirts fit but are about an I" short on the bottom forward creating minor gap.

Height is good and shape is good for fit.

1935 Dodge Brothers 2nd series Pickup Detroit built is stock and a survivor driver.

I have owned this for 27 years.

Very interesting history and purchased by IRS new with a few special order items.

1935 Dodge Brothers Slant back CDN built was a one family car.

Just picked that up last summer.

It was dismantled 30 years ago.

Very good condition overall and complete with everything and boxed.

1935 Sedan Deluxe CDN built car is a another project in waiting.

Out of SK and a bit weathered but solid and mostly complete.

So that is my current Dodge Brother family photos.

I have about dozen 39 - 47 Dodge and Fargo trucks, panels, pickups and a Dodge Suburban.

Hope I haven't bored everyone to tears here! ha ha.

IMG_0911.JPG

right side profile .jpg

1935 Dodge Brothers pickup -1.jpg

1935 Dodge 002.jpg

1935 Dodge Sedan at the Ranch -1.jpg

• Like 2

I know that we've just about beat this subject to death, but that photo at the bottom of the page, showing the four different styles of skirts, stated that the top right hand one was Plymouth. Sure enough, if you look closely at the fender skirt emblem you can see stylized sails (as in sailing ships) worked tastefully into the design. Sorta neat.

49 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I know that we've just about beat this subject to death, but that photo at the bottom of the page, showing the four different styles of skirts, stated that the top right hand one was Plymouth. Sure enough, if you look closely at the fender skirt emblem you can see stylized sails (as in sailing ships) worked tastefully into the design. Sorta neat.

Thanks for getting me to look at the pictures of the skirts on the Plymouth forum. Glad you like the '37 Plymouth skirt emblem 'cause I have one - perfect NOS - LH -  in my collection of odds and ends. If someone is interested, PM me and we can discuss price. These are super rare so not cheap.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for posting the photos of your collection , a joy to see, all have really terrific styling. Love them all especially the pickup WOW.

I have to find them, but have about a half dozen snap shots of a 34 slant back sedan taken when new during the era that is totally loaded with accessories, fenders skirts you name it. I would like to share these with everyone. Excellent photos too, not amateur ones taken with clothes lines draped over the hood. It may take me a while I have to finish a story up I am writing.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...