FS on CL - 1954 Roadmaster with AC $1000 obo

MrEarl

Guest 48buickkid

If you need a set of eyes to go check it out let me know its not horribly far from me. I can take a camera along also and get pics of anything you want.

Thanks Ryan, appreciate that. Based on your previous post about it having been listed several times and with what  I am getting back from the seller, gotta wonder if he's not just fishing for the best offer. In fact now that I look back, he did say obo in the craigslist ad.  He's got mine, so we will see. I seriously have no great interest in  physically acquiring the car for myself  as I have too many projects already waiting in line  and that will likely extend past my expiration date,  but would simply love to turn it over to someone with the means to give it a nice restoration. 

• Like 3

Actually, I have had great success in purchasing cars, both nice and parters, on craigslist and really can't think of anytime they turned sour or went downhill.  Fact is I have really enjoyed talking to and meeting some of the folks that I have dealt with, there are certainly some interesting characters in the world. Even in this case  even after figuring out what was going I am keeping my cool and continuing to  maintain a friendly dialogue with the seller.  Again who knows how it will turn out. But nah, it's certainly not my first car rodeo. 

The deal with the Roadmasters in Oklahoma couldn't have turned out better. It went to a friend in CA who had lost his roadmaster in a pretty bad crash.  It was the white one in the pictures above.  Just like with women, the fun is in the chase, and since I can't chase women anymore, well......

• Like 2

Guest 48buickkid

I do CL quite a bit and the biggest thing is some of these guys get and its happened to myself more than once. Get hammered with people wanting more info. It gets hard to weed out the real and fake guys. Sometimes to the point of well I'm just going keep it if its this much of a hassle to sell it. As for the Roadmaster in this add the guy is obviously fishing for the highest offer he can get. For the most part though I have been more than happy dealing with CL. It's what I'm using to look for 1942-48 Buicks right now along with this forum. I've located a 46 I'm trying to save up for.

• 4 weeks later...