FS on CL - 1954 Roadmaster with AC $1000 obo

MrEarl

Just talked to the owner.

The bad;  has title but not in his name. No bumpers or grille.

The good; seller claims it is solid except for a couple quarter size rust throughs in the rockers. Front and back glass is good.  This is a FULLY optioned Roadmaster, right down to what appears to be a Frt/Rr Speaker Switch on the dash. Air Conditioned, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Windows, Power Seat and I see the power antenna laying on the floor. Can't tell if it is a Selectronic or Sonomatic radio.

Seller stated that the car came from Atlanta Ga in the 80's, his uncle was going to restore it and it has been stored inside until a year or so ago. Looks to be a good candidate for FULL restoration. I have probably all of the parts that are missing, some already replated I may be willing to part with. If I was still buying fitty fo's I would be on my way to buy this diamond in the rough instead of sitting here typing. 

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5972664208.html

1954 buick roadmaster rivera - $1000 (aurora oh)

up for sale is a 1954 roadmaster rivera 322 nailhead v8 good rat rod or restore power brakes power steering power seats rear heat and air has rear hyd factor suspension solid car need some tlc saking 1000.00 for best offer thanks for looking

00c0c_aZYnrv0UZtI_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_t7ZvXoqR1G_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_iNoTieYIGAj_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_1BB89JULoZN_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

Further discussion and pictures confirm this Roadmaster had every option available, standard 76Rs came with 2 way power seats, 4 way optional, this one has 4 way. And it does have the Selectronic (Wonderbar) radio.EZEye glass... I know of nothing else it could have been ordered with.  Per the data plate the car was originally Arctic White. Here is what it could look like. Please Lord, let the pictures load....

IMG_1426.jpgIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1555.jpgIMG_1761.jpg

As can be seen in the pictures, she is rough. But what a rare and prestigious beauty it could be.

IMG_20170124_183616106.jpg

IMG_20170124_173153725.jpgIMG_20170124_175008133.jpgIMG_20170124_173214466.jpgIMG_20170124_173805599.jpgIMG_20170124_173246974.jpgIMG_20170124_173254320.jpgIMG_20170124_173301201.jpgIMG_20170124_173801033.jpgIMG_20170124_183000150.jpgIMG_20170124_173318356.jpgIMG_20170124_173331237.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Hold up, my wife gave me a condition.  She suggested I fix it to be sold as a profit so that I can use that money on my 55.<_<  I don't know if I would even want to sell it by the time I would be done with it.

It's missing the left air duct....  would those ones I sold you fit?  I notice it still has both fender intakes which is cool.  I wonder where the heck the bumpers got off to?

Just now, MrEarl said:

I have air ducts, real pretty ones

D**n  that comment wasn't up for 15 seconds.   I shouldn't pick on you, I know this is a nail-biter for you.  Let's hope it gets to a reasonable home and given a proper restoration, even if not a full concourse restoration.  ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

I have air ducts, real pretty ones. I have replated bumpers.  The bumper got pulled when his uncle started to restore. Something about a fight between brothers and the bumpers were left in a garage. I've heard that one before, several times,

See you could make some $ on this deal to put towards 54 muscle or buttercup! :rolleyes:  The 54 grille and steering wheel are my fav differences from the 55s

3 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

So I am just talking casually to my wife and told her about this car.  She smiles at me and says that I should go buy it.:o:huh:  I am still trying to figure out whether she is joking with me or not. Now I am wondering.  How in the world would I even get it home?

My good sir, when you hear something like this you don't question it.  You ACT quickly before you hear something different!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

So I am just talking casually to my wife and told her about this car.  She smiles at me and says that I should go buy it.:o:huh:  I am still trying to figure out whether she is joking with me or not. Now I am wondering.  How in the world would I even get it home?

It was a trick, you were lucky to stall.

• Like 1

Guest 48buickkid

I'm more than willing to bet its been scrapped out. That car has actually popped up a couple random times over the past year on CL same price same deal every time. Give it about 1-2 months and it will be back up for week then down again.

19 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

He said he had listed it before at $1700 but decided to lower to $1000 due to title issues. Again, who knows:rolleyes:

Deep breaths, have some coffee....  If it comes online again, someone will pounce.  I, along with many others I'm sure went through similar stress in 2010/2011 at the height of the scrap market. Repairable stuff constantly being scrapped, hell I saw some driven across the scales! ?

And the saga continues. Haven't had this much fun wheeling and dealing in a while, I'll play his game,  it's sort of fun. Here is our text conversation from this morning. 

Seller

Hey I have 6 guy here trying to buy the car to restore it and they say it very rare only 500 we're made this way and only 60 or less that are left . I had no idea a car I posted on Craigslist for 1000.00 was that rare there at 3200 know

MrE

But I'll guarantee you not a one of them would appreciate the car as much as I would. Joe I'm not gonna get into a bidding war for the car. I would love to have the car for the thousand that you were asking but that's it. They are not that rare of a car, just the fact that it is so highly optioned is what intrigued me and made me want it. Do what you think is right, I appreciate your time and was good talking to you, have a good day.?

Seller

I will keep you in the loop because they have no gave me a deposit and my uncle did so if my uncle backs out it yours OK for  the 1000.00 is that fair

MrE

Most certainly, and I appreciate it?

Seller

Your welcome

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Deep breaths, have some coffee....  If it comes online again, someone will pounce.  I, along with many others I'm sure went through similar stress in 2010/2011 at the height of the scrap market. Repairable stuff constantly being scrapped, hell I saw some driven across the scales! ?

I didn't stress, hell I just saved as many as I could. How do you think I got a pasture full of them.

• Like 3