Chrome Insurance

Old26Buick

Looking at their write up on the Web page it sounds pretty good. I switched from State Farm to Grundy and couldn't believe the savings. I talked with several of their representatives trying to find the reason they're so "cheap" mostly boiled down to that they presume you don't drive your cars much. I'm not sure if Chrome does it, but by your username I imagine your Buick has wood in it and Grundy covers termite damage. The one thing I don't like is that Grundy wants the cars parked in a secure building every night even when you're on a tour. 

Edited by Plyroadking (see edit history)

Glad to see you ask the right question.  There have been so many times here when folks are more concerned about saving a few bucks than they are about service.  You never know if your insurance company is a "bargain" until you have a claim.  When asked, I always recommend sticking with the specialty companies that are well known AND are strong supporters of the hobby and your club.  I've personally been with J.C. Taylor for many years now and had a recent claim on one of our MGs.  Their performance was superb!   They are strong supporters of AACA as well as our Regions and Chapters. Talk to them, look things over carefully and then make your choice, but certainly ask some others in the hobby what their personal experience has been.   It's not always about trying to save a few bucks!

Terry

• Like 2

Here is the first car I insured with J. C. Taylor when I was 26 years old.

002.jpg

I call them up and they are fast and friendly.

They started out right around the corner from Hershey and back then I knew they had strong ties with the hobby. I am not a price shopper, either. On top of service and performance I consider why a business exists. Is it a group who decided to take advantage of a business opportunity or a group who saw an opportunity to serve their customers. It can be both, but if it is not balanced you can figure it out pretty quick. Very pleased with Taylor.

Bernie

Topic caught my eye as have problem here in Cyprus with classic car insurance as insurers I've found so far will only insure third party  or stolen to a max of $12k ,  hardly any crime here , but worrying still and not the best of road conditions coupled an appalling accident rate makes added stress. Choosing dry quiet days for trips!

cheers

pilgrim

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Plyroadking said:

Looking at their write up on the Web page it sounds pretty good. I switched from State Farm to Grundy and couldn't believe the savings. I talked with several of their representatives trying to find the reason they're so "cheap" mostly boiled down to that they presume you don't drive your cars much. I'm not sure if Chrome does it, but by your username I imagine your Buick has wood in it and Grundy covers termite damage. The one thing I don't like is that Grundy wants the cars parked in a secure building every night even when you're on a tour. 

I insure my cars with Hagerty, but I've heard from pleased customers that Grundy is also excellent.  I know that with Hagerty, I can go on tours or long trips in one of my cars, but I always notify them in advance, just to make sure of the coverage.  I know that while on tour, Hagerty waives the "covered storage" requirement, and you may want to double check with Grundy to see if they will do that as well.  I'm guessin' that Grundy will cover you on tours without requiring the "covered storage".  Let us know what they say.

Cheers,

Grog