Not a Barn find, but close.

Curti

I was able to purchase this very original 1932 Auburn from the original family, who is the little girl in the picture; she is now 84; notice the Auburn in the background behind the Chrysler.  The car was last driven in 1980's and has 19,300 miles from new.

It will be fun to get running this summer.  It will also serve to document how the original cars really were.  We are attempting to write the Auburn restoration guidelines for the ACD club.  Fun Stuff!

IMG_1705.JPG

20161202_112048.jpg

20161206_134332.jpg

20161206_134513.jpg

• Like 13

7 hours ago, keiser31 said:

OH MAN! THAT is a NICE one! More photos, please....

I agree,,

I'd love to see some of the side or rear section and maybe even some close-ups of the hardware (handles, mirrors, medallions etc..), if you're willing to share, Curt ;).

Something tells me he'll be sleeping in the shop tonight so he can really take in the prize in the morning. I know I would be..

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

More pix will be coming, however the old girl will have to stay in the confines of my trailer till winter is over.  I am in the process of doing the body work on my 31 Auburn coupe and the shop is very dirty.

Believe me , I would just love to bring it in and fire it up. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tom_in_nh said:

Hope you give the 84 year old little girl a ride when the new acquisition is all spiffed up.

Best of luck.

Tom

Hey Tom,  She lives 400 miles away, we did agree to stay in touch.  All I am going to do is get it running ( the engine is free ) and clean and preserve.

• Like 4

Curti,

Wow, great find.   I can't get over how pristine the interior is.   I'm glad that Rusty O'Toole pointed you toward Jay Leno's website.   His Auburn looks just like yours.

Jay could probably assist you with some helpful mechanical info.

You should have a great deal of enjoyment getting your Auburn  back on the road.

Good luck.

Rog