What is it?

George Smolinski

It appears that the red car in the photo is very similar to a Morgan, except for the tail lights and separate chrome headlight housing.   My guess would be that it's a kit car of some sort.  I kinda like the Corbatmobile, and that troubles me more than a little bit:D.

Cheers,

Grog

George,

Where is the junkyard (state or region), and how old is the photo?

1 hour ago, capngrog said:

It appears that the red car in the photo is very similar to a Morgan, except for the tail lights and separate chrome headlight housing.   My guess would be that it's a kit car of some sort.  I kinda like the Corbatmobile, and that troubles me more than a little bit:D.

Cheers,

Grog

George,

Where is the junkyard (state or region), and how old is the photo?

I think this place is just down the road from the Corbat Cave.

• Like 1

I agree with the kit car theory for the so-called "red" car (...looks orange to me.)  Morgan rear fender lines & attachment are straight not curved. 

These two photos show the difference in headlight config.  Kit car!

PS: I have to close my eyes to look past the finned wondercar.

not morgan.jpg

this is a morgan.jpg

The photo is recent. Don't have a clue where the cars are located.

If the "Batvette" could be put back on the road cheaply, it would be an interesting conversation piece. I wouldn't want to put more than about $5000 into it including cost of car, making roadworthy, minor body & cheap paint.

Between the first Morgan four wheeler and the latest there were A Lot of similar designs (wouldn't mind a Buick engine +8) and head lights moved every which way (some in front of the grille). Jag SS-100 or Squire is similar but not with those wheels/tires.

While looking for cars in the US I spotted something quite similar in a yard. On inspection it turned out to be a VW based MG TF look-alike kit car. Complete with 'wire wheel' hubcaps, padded luggage compartment under the bonnet, and a hard hit on the right front corner. Owner insisted it was a steal at $1500. Really....

The differences between a real 540k/500k long tail special roadster and the orange kit car are just about the same as the difference between $10,000 and $10,000,000.

The Red/Maroon one above might be new coachwork on an original chassis which would make the difference $10,000 and $1,500,000.

• Like 1