Gave my Hurst/Olds a little more sound

I got extremely bored the other day, and i was trying to figure out something i could do to my olds to keep me occupied, and after looking underneathe, i realized that dual flowmasters just wasn't cutting it, so i took off the pipe that is connected to the heads, and before i put it back on, i went out and bought some washers, i put the bolts back through, but i put 2 washers seperating the pipe off the heads to the pipe to the muffler, and then bolted it back on, and let me just say, my car never sounded so loud, it almost sounds like a destruction derby car, it's unbelivable, and i've never gotten so many weird looks in my life. Well anyone who is interested in a little more sound, for a very low price, that's the way to go. That's the best $1.00 i ever spent, just on 8 washers.<BR>Jim<BR>83 Hurst/Olds<BR>307 (soon to be putting in a 350 rocket)

Well, Jim, what you've got is an exhaust leak. Natcherly it'll be loud. It could also burn exhaust valves, not to mention sooting up the underside of the car. If IL is anything like Virginia, it also won't pass state safety and emission inspections.<P>I know a 307 isn't the most powerful mill Olds ever built, but my 74 Hurst has 2-chamber Flows on it and that's all the noise I want or can stand. Buds ask me frequently to "shut that loud-ass Oldsmobile off so we can talk".<P>In the long run, you'll do better to close up this leak and put a hi-flow catalytic converter and good duals on if you want a good sounding and running car.<P>Keep in touch. You've got a car worth saving.