Guest johangerritv

how can help

looking for engine parts for twin cylinder Maxwell engine

like crank case and top lid whit cam and gearstuf

ore compleat engine

kind regards jorrit Vincent

• 1 month later...

Hello Johan,

Quite a project you have there ahead of you.  Suggestions, I think you need to find out what year most of your Maxwell stuff is including the engine.  Your hood former looks 1908 and older but I don't recognize the seat.  What is the serial number off the engine case?  What is the wheelbase of the frame?  I don't see any running board brackets or step plates.  It's hard to make a guess from one big photograph of a lot of parts and Maxwell did a fair amount of changes and they had different sizes.  I suggest you join the Yahoo Maxwell group and ask for help in identifying your project.   Some of these guys have also gone through what you are trying to do.    More photographs would be a great help.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/maxwellbriscoeowners/conversations/messages

You could also talk with Merle Simonsma.   You could go on the Maxwell group and get his contact information.  Somewheres I saw a photograph of Merle finding his first Maxwell back in 1948 and he's been collecting part and restoring cars ever since.    He collected parts when Maxwell was junk.

See you on the Maxwell group website.

Guest johangerritv

thanks fore the info ben

wil tri to figer out what I have

I still heve to pick up some parts of it

kind regards