AACA Hornets' Nest/Charlotte AutoFair 2017

Bruce Jones

Don't think so, but I'll check with HNR office tomorrow. 2017 brochure is not posted on AACA website yet.

If all you need right now is contact information for hotels, then download the 2016 brochure from AACA.org/meets. The host hotel and others are listed there.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:29 AM, Bruce Jones said:

Are the application forms out yet for Charlotte in April?  I sent off to AACA a few weeks back, haven't heard anything yet.  I'd like to get hotel reservations in place.  Thanks!

Okay, here is the "skinny":

The 2016 hotel information on the AACA website has not changed for 2017. It is smart to get your hotel room ASAP, since vendors/attendees, etc. do so for Autofair.

Mel in the HNR office sent the 2017 information to the National office before Christmas, but since then it was decided that the schedule for the larger meets needed to be streamlined a little bit to make it more workable for everyone. Mel hopes to get that done today. Then National will put it online.

As always, if you call the host hotel make sure you ask for the AACA rate.

Hope this helps!

As Dave said above, Ya'll come see us! The new show field out front is very nice! And from what we learned from last year, we are fine tuning to make it even better.

Edited by Phillip Cole
Additional info (see edit history)

Steve Moskowitz has just announced that the AACA Library Bookmobile will be unveiled at Charlotte AutoFair this spring.  Family members of the Rock Hill Body Company which built the bookmobile body and the donors will be present.

The Rock Hill Body Company resulted from the Anderson Motor Company that built the Anderson car from 1916-1925.

Dave Bowman

Chief Judge

AACA Southeastern Spring Meet

Edited by 61polara
Additional info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looking forward to being there as always.  I plan on packing short pants this year also!!!

Annie - not going to be there?????  Were will you bring the Burb out next?

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks Guys!! I feel the love :) 

We're Carolina Hurricanes Season Ticket holders, and well, Charlotte is also the last game of the season and my Canes are having a FANTASTIC year, so I don't want to miss the last game.... hopefully cheering them onto a Playoff run! :)

However, we are planning on going to Ocala in February.  Hopefully with the the Burb... But it needs a new power steering pump and have been a bit unsuccessful at getting the pulley pump to do said job... so if you are nearby and have one to loan me, that would make things a tag easier ;)   But we'll still be in Ocala to attend and I'll still judge. :)

1 hour ago, AnniesSS said:

Hopefully with the the Burb... But it needs a new power steering pump and have been a bit unsuccessful at getting the pulley pump to do said job... so if you are nearby and have one to loan me, that would make things a tag easier   

I am guessing that "pulley pump" is a typo. What is it that you need?

I think that you can probably borrow the pulley remover from a local auto parts house. Worst case scenario here is one place that you could buy it if it is not available on loan:

http://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tools/power-steering-pulley-puller-installer/oem-pulley-puller-installer-kit/2075_0_0/?cmpid=PS:3:1:90

Do you need to remove the pulley to reuse it on the new pump?  While I'm not familiar with that particular unit, I suspect it doesn't require anymore than a nice high quality air impact wrench to get the pulley off. A couple of quick pulls of the trigger should break the nut loose that holds it on the pump shaft.  If needed, a regular puller should take care of it. There is probably a woodruff key that helps keep it from turning on the shaft so be sure you pull it straight off.  Maybe I'm just not smart enough on newer vehicles. My experiences is limited to the 67 GTO and a 72 Chevy pickup.  I have not found where the pump is located yet on my 1914 T, and our LBCs (Little British Cars) don't have power steering. 

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

There's a specific tool that you need to remove the pulley and yes it does get reused :)

I would love to have a 72 to work on :)  Actually, any 3 door 68-72 Suburban would be fantastic, as I find I enjoy having the room that my Burb affords and don't think I could ever drive something smaller on a daily basis lol

Guest Mark McAlpine

The Charlotte Meet is one Marion & I always make.  The Hornets Nest Region always does it right.  As successful and well-run as the meet is every year, the HNR always finds ways to continue improving upon it.  Add the Charlotte Auto Fair, dinner in the Speedway Club, and, of course, all the other things to do in and around the area, and it's a great time.