Need help keeping drips off car from car above on lift!

Hi folks, hoping there is an easy solution I don't know of.  I have a 4 post lift in garage and I can't find a foolproof and convenient way to protect car underneath.  I have drip pans, but drips sometimes fall between them.  I could seal them together and permanently affix them to lift rails, but then lift would be useless to work underneath.

I know it would be great to end all leaks but with old cars (and especially Dynaflow Buicks), I won't be able to count on this.

Is anything made for this purpose that offers better protection than drip pans?

Edited by lancemb
Typo (see edit history)

A quick and easy temporary solution would be to use sheets of saran-wrap - or aluminum foil to overlap pairs of drip pans

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

Can you put a "depends" on the dynaflow ?

And of course you know that like politicians, they need to be changed regularly for the same reason.

Mike in Colorado

We had a Jag XK140 in the shop for which a previous owner had fashioned a metal tray that held a Depends under the trans and rear main.

• Like 1

On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 1:18 PM, D Yaros said:

I use a plastic tarp on the underside of the drive train on the car I keep on the lift to protect the car parked underneath.  I secure it with 4 large spring clamps.

This is basically exactly what I do now!  Problem is it's PITA and stuff can drip off the sides.   I think I'll have to do something like described above with lapping something over the drip pans where they meet.  Even though I can make them overlap, if something drips on edge of the lower one in the overlap it can still drip through, and has...

On 1/10/2017 at 11:55 PM, lancemb said:

This is basically exactly what I do now!  Problem is it's PITA and stuff can drip off the sides.   I think I'll have to do something like described above with lapping something over the drip pans where they meet.  Even though I can make them overlap, if something drips on edge of the lower one in the overlap it can still drip through, and has...

Geesh, how much dripping are you having to cope with here?  My tarp runs from the radiator support to beyond the transmission tail stock front-to-back and from frame rail to frame rail side-to-side.  Have never had any dripping off the sides.  It would take an  awful of fluid for that to happen!

5 hours ago, D Yaros said:

Geesh, how much dripping are you having to cope with here?  My tarp runs from the radiator support to beyond the transmission tail stock front-to-back and from frame rail to frame rail side-to-side.  Have never had any dripping off the sides.  It would take an  awful of fluid for that to happen!

Oh if you haven't had an old Dynaflow, they can leak like a sieve!  It requires pulling the rear end and shaft out to fix which I haven't gotten around to doing...

• 4 weeks later...