In the wonderful world of post card collecting, 2000 isn't really that significant.  I've collected pre WWI automobile postcards for a long time and have well over 3000 now.  I started collecting them at an antique market in Edinburgh Scotland in 1972 and was picking up fabulous turn of the century advertising, humor, holiday and of course real-photo cards but the box full for next to nothing. Over the years I've continued to add to it, and living in the UK really provided a boost as the finest early postcards were printed in Europe.  I continue to add to the collection at post card shows, antique shows, and everywhere there is a box of cards to look through.  It's a lot of fun and I've even started others collecting them.  It's been great to have friends to share collecting with.  I even did a program for a couple of local car clubs on collecting automotive postcards.  It's been great. 

Terry

6 hours ago, ScarredKnightfan said:

Holy cow ... 2,000 of 'em?  How'd you manage to collect that many?  I presume you have 'em all stored in some sort of binder?

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"Time slips away" | Bruce Springsteen | 'Glory Days'

Dad got a few from a uncle at an antique shop and the rest from the swap meets..   1/3 of them are from world war 1..  Not in English..

On January 16, 2017 at 1:11 AM, nick8086 said:

Dad got a few from a uncle at an antique shop and the rest from the swap meets..   1/3 of them are from world war 1..  Not in English..

Neat!

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"I'll always be around" | Willie Nelson | 'Highwayman'