PWB

1967 Golden Anniversary!

2 hours ago, Rivman said:

Just wondering, is that a picture of your '67 GS from a few years ago? I think you said it was one that you held onto for a long time, longer than some you have had, correct?

Yes that's it. I owned it longer than any car either drivers or classics. 17 years. Anyone who knows me knows that's a really long time for me to keep a car. The runner up was a driver black Lincoln Mark VIII LSC at 9 years. Sold the 67 to help fund the 66 GS restoration. Without that income, I could not have completed the 66.

Pic is from after it arrived at its new home in So CA. Owner has a beautiful auto collection. I don't think the car is white anymore.

My first car was a 67 Skylark convertible  in1970 for $1500 from a VW dealer. Green Mist with parchment interior and white top. 340  4 bbl and ST 300 trans. 59K miles. I removed the skirts and installed the Special rear wheel moldings that everyone is looking for today. Got me through college. Traded it in with 112K miles mostly because there was talk in 1975 that premium gas was going to disappear. Happy Anniversary 1967!

Well, I will join the 67 crowd and post photos of my three 67 'A' bodies.  Sportwagon fully loaded with options including A/C, power windows, power front seat, AM/FM, three seat, and a Vista Cruiser.  GS 400 Convertible is a rare 4 speed since they only made 400+.  Finally the GS 400 hardtop is a complete frame on restoration.  All new or rebuilt drive train, suspension, Vintage Air, white bucket/console interior, Switchpitch auto,   Since I graduated from college in 1967 it was a great year!

Chuck

DSC_1743 - Copy.JPG

67vert9.jpg

DSC_4641.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:09 AM, chuck nixon said:

Well, I will join the 67 crowd and post photos of my three 67 'A' bodies.  Sportwagon fully loaded with options including A/C, power windows, power front seat, AM/FM, three seat, and a Vista Cruiser.  GS 400 Convertible is a rare 4 speed since they only made 400+.  Finally the GS 400 hardtop is a complete frame on restoration.  All new or rebuilt drive train, suspension, Vintage Air, white bucket/console interior, Switchpitch auto,   Since I graduated from college in 1967 it was a great year!

Chuck

Mr. Chuck,

Do you still possess the wagon? (Chuck-wagon LOL)

Gorgeous AND priceless.

We are a wagon family. Have a caddy wagon now.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:42 PM, PWB said:

What a class act! Gorgeous! Would like to see more images.

Look for my article about this car coming in the September Bugle.

No 67 50th Annv. thread would be complete without my friend Keith Bleakney's 67 Special Deluxe - it has a several page / 22 picture spread in Septembers Hemming"s Classic Car magazine.  Keith's 67 was also the first 67 to receive a BCA Senior Gold way back in 1992. He has owned the car 38 years.

fullsizeoutput_12b.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpg

fullsizeoutput_98c.jpeg

Edited by 72Guru (see edit history)
  • Like 2