Elpad

Meet "Toby" my 50 Model 51 project

Recommended Posts

Elpad, Toby is looking more awesome with every post.  Being from Ky, I won't comment on how bad that "Ky-Jelly" tastes on toast though!  ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today:

Driver's side floor & toe board

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the fuel tank is off. The tank was empty and took the sender unit to inspect. All I see is varnish residue. Does anyone knows about a cleaner to remove or can I use as is with fresh gas?

IMG_2420.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found these stamps on the drivers side toe board acces panel. Was Buick making right hand driven cars for export back in the days! Can this be a plate that when inverted could be used on the right side?

just curious and puzzled about RHD and LHD

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either someone ran out of stickers or was too lazy to peel off and put a new one.

wondering what what's the difference between a Super Lube, Special Lube and a Dyna Lube back in the 70's? 

 

 

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elpad said:

Either someone ran out of stickers or was too lazy to peel off and put a new one.

wondering what what's the difference between a Super Lube, Special Lube and a Dyna Lube back in the 70's? 

 

 

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

I forgot to mention Sun Lube from Sunoco Station.... Probably a basic oil change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passenger side toe and floor panels. Rocker panels next

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another sticker under the one previously posted but can't determine the year

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left rear floor area, rocker next, still have to do right side

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, Elpad said:

Found these stamps on the drivers side toe board acces panel. Was Buick making right hand driven cars for export back in the days! Can this be a plate that when inverted could be used on the right side?

just curious and puzzled about RHD and LHD

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

 

Yes to both questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 50jetback said:

 

Yes to both questions.

Good to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this can lying around had to do heavy stirring. Don't know if shade is correct but I think is close enough to paint the oil filter canister lid

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaning the engine block for paint detail. I must've taken about 5 pounds of caked grease and mud. I think I have seen more than 1/2 century grease 

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody knows what this number 1257 means ? Front chassis bracket to radiator support. Is it a part number?

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2652.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

That is so clean I don't know if I would paint it. 

 

39 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

That is so clean I don't know if I would paint it. 

Wrong color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the brake hoses I got from In Line Tube fit my "50. Fittings are wrong and you can't install the retaining clips! So much for "Guaranteed to fit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rosiesdad said:

None of the brake hoses I got from In Line Tube fit my "50. Fittings are wrong and you can't install the retaining clips! So much for "Guaranteed to fit".

Purchased the hoses locally so I could match them, the lines were all wrong and different diameter so I have to send them the originals so they could duplicate them. This is the second time it has happened. Did not learned the lesson the first time & dont know why I keep going with these guys. All good now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned & sealed gas tank. That's stuff looks pretty good, got some in my fingers, hard to get off.

IMG_2752.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now