Meet "Toby" my 50 Model 51 project

4 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Long road to get here. Nice work!  She is a head turner!

Almost there Chris. Next will be side glass which should have been done but had parts problems with vent window seals. Otherwise Toby is running niceley

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this car disassembled and having a hard time installing the front seat rear cover. Don’t know what’s the installation order. Panel, ashtray, cords?? The shop manual doesn’t address this

DDE5FD24-7D55-4FB7-9AA6-473AD74A85EB.jpeg

6DD9B832-F43D-4FA7-A041-60FB1C872398.jpeg

Got me couple of Amelia Earhart luggage  pieces as prop/decoration for the trunk. Not sure if period correct. They were advertised as 40’s. Any luggage experts here?

7BED6990-3859-4C72-A79C-A89F6B7D66E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Elpad said:

CFEFAA3F-7AB7-451F-8D60-39F916202807.jpeg

I would remove the ashtray from it's surround and that will likely give you access to the screw holes for assembling it to the seat.  Then I would kick the bottom of that seat back against the bottom of the front seat, put the lighter wire through the hole for the ash tray, and attach the seat back to the seat.  Then I would attach the wire to the lighter socket, and the surround to the opening for the ashtray.   

16 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

I would remove the ashtray from it's surround and that will likely give you access to the screw holes for assembling it to the seat.  Then I would kick the bottom of that seat back against the bottom of the front seat, put the lighter wire through the hole for the ash tray, and attach the seat back to the seat.  Then I would attach the wire to the lighter socket, and the surround to the opening for the ashtray.   

Got it figure out just takes me time to look and sort the right size screws. The installation of the cord through the end caps (right and left side brackets) is also a mission. The panel is long and it was hard to hold and secure at the same time by myself. Pictures tomorrow. Thanks John.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Granddaughter trying the new back seat, she was looking for a cup holder on the armrest, not a chance. Just need side glass to be install. Door panels ready to go. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

F3C55A13-0BC0-480C-AAA5-DC15E3FEE049.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 5

No cup holder, but there is a cigar lighter in the back seat!  Different ages, different priorities...

Moving along nicely, Al!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hectic day!! Was in the attic trying to help the tech hardwire some security cameras when my glass man decided to show up and work in the car. I been waiting for him for at least three months. This while my neighbor called about a suspicious man walking back and forth  in front of their house who turned out to be an Amazon delivery man that was bitten by their dog while trying to deliver a package. The man had a laceration in his hand and have to attend to him. Right after the police took a report and the man carried away to the outpatient center a Jeep comes by and asked me if I knew the owner of a dog that was following him. The dog, no relation to my neighbor’s dog that  had bitten the delivery man, was a Pitbull which are banned in the county. The Pitbull looked non aggressive, lost and exhausted. Had to attend to the dog while the Jeep driver told me that he had to go and took off. The dog was taken to the Vet by my neighbor and was scanned finding the owner who lived few blocks away. In the meantime my glass man was partially installing the new vents and told me he had to come back another day. No end in sight. Took some pictures of the progress which I’m sharing here. The security camera installer was still solo in the attic and said he would come back tomorrow. As of this time, I still don’t know if the Pitbull was picked up by the owner.

talk about unfinished jobs!!!

A8BEDEB8-C8C9-40EE-BE6A-E377CD804A7A.jpeg

58D40945-5E3D-4103-8A52-AC1D19A31F1A.jpeg

386A26AC-1D0E-43A0-B6FB-C7E20CE92BB7.jpeg

2145D2AC-8514-4560-AF3B-9427C201F82F.jpeg

63FC1FF1-38A5-4A89-BAF4-C4F3AC29AF34.jpeg

6B163043-1F04-43E4-AFB1-1F66ED14348A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'm sure none of this was particularly funny at the time, but you tell your story in a very entertaining way!  Hang in there, Elpad, you're on the home stretch!

(And particular kudos to you for caring for the lost dog.)

Edited by neil morse (see edit history)
7 hours ago, neil morse said:

I'm sure none of this was particularly funny at the time, but you tell your story in a very entertaining way!  Hang in there, Elpad, you're on the home stretch!

(And particular kudos to you for caring for the lost dog.)

It was frustrating but calm prevailed. The only thing I regret is that I could not supervise the glass work. People tend to cut corners as to install the wrong screw etc, but I have to trust this glass man that I know for over 40 years and own few old cars. Other than that, another day in paradise. Like the saying goes... it is what it is! Stay tuned.

Al

• Like 2

In need of only one rear door lower sash window channel for Toby. He is a model 51. The channel should be around 19 3/4” long. If anybody has  one lying around? This is how they look like

424AF4C2-A4A3-4DA0-94E2-65F15263BC77.jpeg

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

BTW this is the camera installer that came out of the attic to meet the dog. The dog was picked up by a he rightful owner later that day. On another note, the installer showed up today to finish the security camera job at the same time that my glass man also showed up. He finished both front windows but will have to come back to finish rear doors. For some odd reason these guys decide to come together at the same time but no relation to each other, Jesus! Did not have time to take car pictures but they will follow.

1292CD81-7805-43C8-8045-A347F64575F1.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 9:27 PM, Elpad said:

. People tend to cut corners as to install the wrong screw etc, ............

Al

Gee, are you sure? Not sure if I believe that. Every Buick I have had, the PO have been fastidious in making sure the same screw goes back in the same place and rotated so the screw heads line up and everything .......NOT.

Yes it it one of the frustrating things that I am finding and definitely have to fix. All part of the fun .......I think 🤔🤔🤔

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...