Info on older convertibles wanted

I have this 403 I warmed up a bit and stuck in a mid-80's g-body.<P>It's back out of that car now because I wrecked it and I'm looking ahead to my next project. I figure I'll do a complete rebuild and really beef it up. possibly even stroke it.<P>I was thinking about a cutlass convertible. Possibly an early 70's.<P>I was wondering if there is a library of pictures and maybe even specs that I can look through so that I can decide what would be a good transplant recipient.<P>Anyone have links and/or suggestions?

be careful about weight distribution. These cars are already nose heavy with non-independent rears, and a very evil handling result is possible

350 and 403 weigh approximately the same- if anything a 403 weighs less than a pre-1977 350. Early 70s Cutli came with non-windowed 350 cid engines. I'm not seeing what you're talking about re handling problems. Explain please?<p>[ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

Your point on the lighter casting is well taken. My point is that these vehicles did not start life with a very promising weight distribution. If the new engine is heavier or mounter further forward, things will only get worse. Yes , the handling was comparable with its direct competitors', but never a strong point in the overall automotive spectrum. Before I'm deluged with "yeah, but my 442..." letters, these cars were primarily designed to go straight.