Found! Need Air Intake Hose for '79 Lincoln Continetal TC

victorialynn2

In many cases, the original should have a FoMoCo part number cast into it, on a flat surface.  Like E7LL-_____-__ format.  With that, you could do an online part number search.  PartsVoice.com is a vintage parts vendor, purchasing "obsolete" OEM parts from the OEMs when they discontinue them and still have stock.  It will require a free registration, but with that part/stamp number, that'll get you started  There could be some later part number changes, but that first part number is the key.

NOW . . . it is highly possible the same part did fit the Mustang!  Advertising it as a Lincoln part would turn many off when it was what they needed.  Going the other way, a Mustang part that fits a Lincoln is more marketable.

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Please let us know if the part works.  I need the same thing for my 1977 Mercury, and have been looking without success trying to find a good one off a junkyard car.

By the way, given the age of your car, Lincoln dealers are useless.  I used to work on a friend's 1979 Mark V and tried my local Lincoln dealer at first as a parts source.  The dealer told me that Lincoln trashed all their parts records from 1979 and earlier, meaning that the dealer can't even look up a part unless its from 1980 or newer.

• Like 1

On December 23, 2016 at 10:02 PM, superior1980 said:

Please let us know if the part works.  I need the same thing for my 1977 Mercury, and have been looking without success trying to find a good one off a junkyard car.

By the way, given the age of your car, Lincoln dealers are useless.  I used to work on a friend's 1979 Mark V and tried my local Lincoln dealer at first as a parts source.  The dealer told me that Lincoln trashed all their parts records from 1979 and earlier, meaning that the dealer can't even look up a part unless its from 1980 or newer.

It looks right! I think I outsmarted the parts Gods. The openings are the same size. 

image.jpg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)