Brian_Heil

2017 PWD National Meet After Tour

Thomas , WELCOME!

A Buick too old. That is like saying a Lady is too pretty!  Having too much money!   Just can't be.  By all means, join and be part of the group. I ,for one ,will look forward to seeing your cars.

Ben

• Like 3

Thomas,

Thank you for your post, I will be in contact with you.  I know I speak for the entire BCA when I say we hope you join and we look forward to meeting you and you vehicles at the 2017 Meet and on the PWD After Tour as well.

• Like 2

I will have to confirm with She Who Must Be Obeyed regarding our plans exactly. We will most likely have at least two Buicks at the meet but don't know age yet. I may need to be in the Twin Cities for Tuesday morning so may partake of part of the tour. Suzanne and the young ones in attendance may be able to take it all in. 

That looks like some pretty interesting stuff. I've heard of some of them but haven't seen them. 

• Like 1

Agree with Ben's comments to Thomas .. We will be thrilled to see your 1906 and 1912 Buicks!!!

As I mentioned about the House on The Rock. When we stopped on our way to the Portland nationals it was a FULL 3 hours and we were pooped. Just way too much to take in to hurry through. We checked on the Taliesin Tour and it was over $50.00 a person 3 years ago.

Larry

On 1/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, AVS619 said:

I just found this thread and thought I should reply. First, I have not yet joined the BCA as our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club. I may join so that I can attend the meet in Brookfield, I live quite close, with our 1912 Buick Model 28 unrestored but preserved roadster. Our other Buick is prior to the start of GM and from my understanding the cub is interested in the GM Buicks while ours is a 1906 Model F. I think Billy Durant still had something to do with it, did he not?

Anyway I live in Lake Mills, WI and Joyce and I have hosted many tours here in Wisconsin for both the Illinois Brass Touring Region of the AACA (Chicagoland Region of the HCCA) and the Wisconsin Region of the Classic Car Club of America as well as having just started the newest region of the HCCA, The Southern Wisconsin Region. Being a real estate appraiser, I know the roads here.

I would be happy to help with your tour if you are interested. I looked at the Sunday ideas above and think the Octagon House is a great stop but going west you should stop In Waterloo for their antique carousel. I would also recommend Little Amerrika but contact Darrell Klompmaker there. They operate 15" gauge steam locomotives (one is from Gene Autry's Melody Ranch) and also erect and repair them at the rear 'roundhouse'. We have taken and directed numerous tours there and Darrell often open the shop for the tourists. Well worth checking that out.

The Miller event at the Milwaukee Mile is awesome and well worth a day there. I plan on being there on Friday. Yes, it is hosted by the Miller-Offenhauser Society but other race cars attend all the way back to the brass-era. Last time I was there I was on the track in Mercer race cars and a 1911 Cutting. The sight, sounds, and even smells are a pure joy to car enthusiasts. Nothing more exciting than being on the track in a brass-era race car other than flying in a WWII bomber. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, if I (we) can help let me know. However I will out of touch for about a week after January 18th when I get to have the pleasure of hip replacement surgery. Contact Thomas Edfors @ brasscars@charter.net

Tom,

I too plan to participate in the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  And, as the founding director, I welcome you to join the BCA Prewar Division.  Contrary to your belief that "our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club", the PWD has over 300 members with pre-WWII cars.  Our previous tours have consistently included less than 20 cars, which makes our tours a bit easier to get to know everyone on the tour.  We usually cruise at the speed of the slowest car or allow the slower cars to leave earlier so we all arrive at our primary destinations at about the same time.  Your 1906 Model F Buick would be a welcome addition to our group, and I know from personal experience that it would easily keep up with our group.

I am sure Brian will more than welcome your help in planning the 2017 AfterTour.  We have always tried to include locals to help with routes and destinations that are tried and true for car tours already done by AACA, HCCA, VMCCA etc.

3 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Tom,

I too plan to participate in the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  And, as the founding director, I welcome you to join the BCA Prewar Division.  Contrary to your belief that "our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club", the PWD has over 300 members with pre-WWII cars.  Our previous tours have consistently included less than 20 cars, which makes our tours a bit easier to get to know everyone on the tour.  We usually cruise at the speed of the slowest car or allow the slower cars to leave earlier so we all arrive at our primary destinations at about the same time.  Your 1906 Model F Buick would be a welcome addition to our group, and I know from personal experience that it would easily keep up with our group.

I am sure Brian will more than welcome your help in planning the 2017 AfterTour.  We have always tried to include locals to help with routes and destinations that are tried and true for car tours already done by AACA, HCCA, VMCCA etc.

I had a really nice chat with Tom this past Sunday.  Wonderful gentleman, very helpful and lots of cars too.  Seems all my HCCA buddies know of him as I chat with them this week.  I need to get out more!

Tom,

I am a member of the old vehicle club spoken above. Anything newer than about 1920 is considered a new vehicle.  Those of us with older vehicles(Brian excluded) are a fairly small group but we are close.  We would truly like to welcome you to our club.

Larry

After Tour Hotel Room Block has been set. 

Here are the details. 

Make your own reservation.

Block and price will be held until May 1st.

Arrive Sunday July 9th

Depart Wednesday morning July 12th

So, if you are Touring with us all 3 days you need to book 3 nights, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights.  July 9/10/11.

Holiday Inn Express

7184 Morrisonville Rd.

De Forest, Wi  53532

(608) 846 8686

Mention Buick Club of America for Group Rate of $104 (normally $119)

(I should have the Thursday PWD Dinner all set in the next few days and update that posting)

Thx!

• Like 1

Just made reservation in DeForest, WI . at Holiday Inn Express. Very nice people to deal with over phone.

Steve and Margaret Smith

Falmouth, Me

1927 Buick woodie

• Like 1

I just called and reserved as well.

Kae is the General Manager at the H.I.E. and first rate.

Remember, it's not safe to sleep in your car in Wisconsin, so, get a room!

Bear.jpg

• Like 3

Darn near mid April and the After Tour room block reduced group rate in De Forest (see above) expires May 1st so make those room reservations and either post here or send me and email if you have yet to do so regarding your PWD After Tour attendance. 

Same for the PWD Dinner, please either post on that thread or send me an email if you have yet to do so regarding your attendance for dinner.  Thx!

OK, someone asked about my bear pictures.  I spent all my summer vacations as a youth in northern Wisconsin in the Springstead, WI area.  A regular highlight was a trip to the local dump at sunset to see the bears show up and check out any new treats.  Fish guts from our day's catch were a favorite.  Everytime I think of Wisconsin, I'm 8 years old in our Pontiac station wagon watching those bears as my Dad would lower his window and my Mom would yell at him and my brothers and I would scream with delight, or my brother would reach up from the back seat and pull the lock knob on Mom's door as if the bears knew how to open her door and she would scream.  Raising 3 boys, 4, if you count my Dad, my Mom deserved a medal.

O.K., I will go out on a limb and guarantee that you will see bear on the 2017 PWD After Tour, or your Tour Director will give you $5.  Can't get that at some lesser club!  No sir!  Come to Wisconsin and have some fun!  With all that covered, we need a new picture.

FB_IMG_1491699924345.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, AVS619 said:

I just found this thread and thought I should reply. First, I have not yet joined the BCA as our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club. I may join so that I can attend the meet in Brookfield, I live quite close, with our 1912 Buick Model 28 unrestored but preserved roadster. Our other Buick is prior to the start of GM and from my understanding the cub is interested in the GM Buicks while ours is a 1906 Model F. I think Billy Durant still had something to do with it, did he not?

Anyway I live in Lake Mills, WI and Joyce and I have hosted many tours here in Wisconsin for both the Illinois Brass Touring Region of the AACA (Chicagoland Region of the HCCA) and the Wisconsin Region of the Classic Car Club of America as well as having just started the newest region of the HCCA, The Southern Wisconsin Region. Being a real estate appraiser, I know the roads here.

I would be happy to help with your tour if you are interested. I looked at the Sunday ideas above and think the Octagon House is a great stop but going west you should stop In Waterloo for their antique carousel. I would also recommend Little Amerrika but contact Darrell Klompmaker there. They operate 15" gauge steam locomotives (one is from Gene Autry's Melody Ranch) and also erect and repair them at the rear 'roundhouse'. We have taken and directed numerous tours there and Darrell often open the shop for the tourists. Well worth checking that out.

The Miller event at the Milwaukee Mile is awesome and well worth a day there. I plan on being there on Friday. Yes, it is hosted by the Miller-Offenhauser Society but other race cars attend all the way back to the brass-era. Last time I was there I was on the track in Mercer race cars and a 1911 Cutting. The sight, sounds, and even smells are a pure joy to car enthusiasts. Nothing more exciting than being on the track in a brass-era race car other than flying in a WWII bomber. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, if I (we) can help let me know. However I will out of touch for about a week after January 18th when I get to have the pleasure of hip replacement surgery. Contact Thomas Edfors @ brasscars@charter.net

I see in my latest Bugle that Thomas and his wife have joined the BCA.  Atta boy Thomas!  Welcome!

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian_Heil said:

I see in my latest Bugle that Thomas and his wife have joined the BCA.  Atta boy Thomas!  Welcome!

And a second welcome.  :)

Can I make it a fourth? Welcome aboard and look forward to meeting you in Brookfield.

Larry DiBarry

Brian,

My wife and I are not going to be able to make the meet.

Steve and Margaret Smith

Falmouth, me

13 hours ago, Old26Buick said:

Brian,

My wife and I are not going to be able to make the meet.

Steve and Margaret Smith

Falmouth, me

Sorry to hear that Steve but thank you for letting us know.

On 2017-02-28 at 3:03 PM, Brian_Heil said:

After Tour Hotel Room Block has been set. 

Here are the details. 

Make your own reservation.

Block and price will be held until May 1st.

Arrive Sunday July 9th

Depart Wednesday morning July 12th

So, if you are Touring with us all 3 days you need to book 3 nights, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights.  July 9/10/11.

Holiday Inn Express

7184 Morrisonville Rd.

De Forest, Wi  53532

(608) 846 8686

Mention Buick Club of America for Group Rate of $104 (normally $119)

(I should have the Thursday PWD Dinner all set in the next few days and update that posting)

Thx!

Hotel is full. We were able to book into the Qulity Inn & Suites in Lodi, about 8 miles away. I'm likely to head to MN later Monday but Suzanne and the boys will continue to participate in (relatively) modern iron. I don't know whether Teresa will go with me or with her mother. 

Thiller,

Glad you could find a spot.  I won't ask who will be where and when and with whom since I'm certain you don't know either.  :P

See you and or some portion of your "Team" in Wisconsin.  Looking forward to it.

I am now back from my VMCCA Nickel Tour in Tennessee and it is full speed ahead on the BCA Trip and After Tour.

Brian

All five of us will be in Wisconsin with 1966 and 1975 Buicks. After that it gets a bit interesting. 

• Like 1

OK Folks, we are getting close.

If you have not replied to this Chat String that you are attending the PWD After Tour or sent me an email regarding the same, please post or email now.  Either works.  Last Call and all that sort of stuff as I figure out how many copies of the Tour Directions I need to print and bring.

Also, don't forget our PWD Meeting at 3:00 - 4:30 Thursday Night before we head out to Dinner.  Milwaukee Ballroom #1 at the Sheraton where we will go over Dinner and the After Tour and other (monkey) business.  Did you sign up for the PWD Dinner on the other post? 

There is still time to join the After Tour and/or the Dinner but hurry.