2017 PWD National Meet After Tour

Brian_Heil

Time to start really planning this and start the discussion.

Since no one else has jumped at the opportunity to lead this adventure (Ha), I will throw my hat in the ring.  Fairly certain I am the closest PWD Director so time to get to work.  Thiller, Larry Schramm and Mark Shaw have had a few brief discussions/emails with me but it's time to stick my neck out.  I'm off work this week and next but I think my boss somehow missed that fact with the meetings scheduled.  Ah, the life of those of us Working Stiffs.

First, a brief reminder on PWD After Tours.  When we formed the PWD, the idea was to give PWD owners an additional (good) reason to share and bring their PWD vehicle(s) to a National Meet.  And as part of that, plan an After Tour to enjoy each other's company and our vehicles for a bit of easy touring.  In PWD protocol, this is an a la carte tour.  No big Tour fees (are you listening Glidden organizers), in fact, none, zilch.  Pay as you go, or don't go.  We will do our best to get group rates for hotel and venues but we will pay at the door.  By that, join us for what you can.  Don't want to pay the price for a certain venue?  O.K. by us, find a shady spot and take a nap.  As I've said before, I've toured with small children and my 90 year old Dad, sometimes a nap is the best option.

How does it work?  We will have what is known as a 'Hub Tour'.  By that, we find a nice hotel or motel in a smaller town and stay there for ~3 nights.  Each day we venture out on a planned route with printed directions to see some of the local points of interest.  ~100 miles or so each day.  Eat well, and then eat some more.  Easy enough for a well running brass car to not have issue.  Think, 35 MPH +/- 5 depending on your car and style.  Earlier/slower cars just leave a bit earlier and we take care of each other should we have an issue on the road.

Who can go?  Any BCA member.  Don't have a PWD car?  No problem, drive 'modern'.  Don't want to tour your PWD car, no problem.  Come and have FUN and run-whatcha-brung.  Have a newer Buick?  Glad to have you.  Don't own a Buick?  That's fine too.  That's how the PWD works.  Once you do a bit of PWD touring we hope to get you hooked.  We have a plan :o)  (We also let you park where you want).

What I need your help with is venue ideas in mid-Eastern Wisconsin.  Anyone from the area or done a tour in the area?  Let's not get too close to the Dells, just too busy mid Summer.  If you have never been, maybe add on an After-After Tour to there.  I'm planning to do that to Northern Wisconsin and the Michigan U.P., but more on that later.  We need to firm up the PWD After Tour before we work on all our routes home where we may be able to join others.

So, let's start the discussion.  Chances are the question you may have is the same question others may have so post it here and we will answer it.

Venue ideas?  Merry Christmas Buick Guys and Gals!

Edited by Brian_Heil
typos (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Brian,

Check out the schedule for Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. for the summer months

Could be a day trip, or stop over ?

The EAA headquarters and airport / museum is just an hour and a half away in Oshkosh, Wis.

Mike in Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

19 hours ago, dibarlaw said:

Brian:

I know when we drove to the Portland Meet we had a stop at " The House on the Rock". It is only a mile or so from Frank Lloyd Wright's Home Taliesin North. Spring Green Wis. I would have to check the proximity to our starting point.

Thanks Larry.  House on the Rock, Spring Green, WI / F. L. Wright and Cave of the Mounds are all on my short list.  I have some others too, and growing.  As we firm these up, I will select a centrally located hotel with good reviews and rates and several good food options near it.

What I'm picking my brain on right now is a remarkable collection I visited with Bill McLaughlin several years ago when we caravanned to the BCA National in Rochester, MN.  There was a collection in the little town of Friesland, Wisconsin.  Anyone have a lead on who that was/is?  I've sent Bill and email.

Also need to contact Tony Bult in Whitewater with his 1928/29 collection and a possible visit or at least have him join us.  He was featured in the October 2016 Bugle.

Any Wisconsin BCA'rs out there with some venue ideas or has anyone gone on a (HCCA/AACA/VMCCA) Tour in that area?  Stealing an existing route or at least list of venues is common.  I have a good VMCCA buddy in the area I need to contact.

16 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

Brian,

Check out the schedule for Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis. for the summer months

Could be a day trip, or stop over ?

The EAA headquarters and airport / museum is just an hour and a half away in Oshkosh, Wis.

Mike in Colorado

These are good ones Mike but looking too far for our per day distance.  With that said, anyone heading to/from the north or coming over on the Lake Michigan ferry could easily stop at both.  

Brian,

Thanks for stepping up as tour leader for the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  It's great to have an experienced tour leader to lead another one. 

A few weeks ago, I sent my 3 year application to renew my BCA membership.  I had allowed it to lapse while careing for my elderly father in his final days and could not actively participate in BCA meets or tours.  However, I am now free to attend the 2017 National Meet and PWD AfterTour.  I will be glad to help, but except for a very nice supper club in Rhinelander WI, I am not familiar with that part of the country.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

Brian,

Thanks for stepping up as tour leader for the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  It's great to have an experienced tour leader to lead another one. 

A few weeks ago, I sent my 3 year application to renew my BCA membership.  I had allowed it to lapse while careing for my elderly father in his final days and could not actively participate in BCA meets or tours.  However, I am now free to attend the 2017 National Meet and PWD AfterTour.  I will be glad to help, but except for a very nice supper club in Rhinelander WI, I am not familiar with that part of the country.

Now, we can get this party started!

Maybe the 'Governor' can get us in to the Capitol?  But, his Supper Club in Rhinelander is on my After-After Tour.

• Like 2

Mark,

A BIG welcome back.  I am busy for the moment, but our Milwaukee, WI meet as the same time as the Milwaukee Mile (don't recall the proper name) event for vintage race cars.  I will look that up and comment later.  Would it not be great to get the Bug on the track?

Count me in, but not sure what car I will bring.  And with a bit of limited mobility, for a heavy clutch.  Would be nice to stop off at Jeff's event in Ohio.

And thank you Brian for this work.  Larry D and I (as we chaired the aborted tour in PA) were going to write up a summary of the recent past for Jim to distribute.  I have been working on a draft, but now I need some modification, or do I just pass the baton, with comments to Mark.  I vote him for reconstitution (as long as we have a governor on board) to Director of the Pre-War Division.  What do others feel about that?

John

I can attest to Tony's place as a fun spot for a PWD guy to visit. Great people, lots of knowledge and typically something interesting in the shop. That said, it can be an expensive place for a '29 guy to visit :rolleyes: Tony had told me he intends to bring some parts to vend at the meet so we need to ensure he can find the PWD clubhouse. 

Ive only been to a pole barn and another spot for lunch in Rhinelander...that is closer to on the way home for me. 

I I had picked up some Wisconsin travel stuff this year (between the Brookfield people in Allentown, our stop over in Wisconsin Dells on the way home or my early November trip to buy stuff from Tony, I've had opportunities this year). One big issue is deciding which way to go as there's lots of interesting stuff - may even be able to find ice cream or cheese somewhere. Holy Hill looked interesting. I'm always up for a winery. It seems to me there was a Lake Michigan lighthouse to the North of Milwaukee. Hmm...it would seem I need to find the propaganda again. 

The down side at this moment is that I can't yet confirm that I/we will be able to attend the tour and what Buick I will have. I do have a couple options. It would be nice to bring down the '41 and have a prewar car...I'd like to have the 1975 Electra there for archival judging. The new toy should be on the road, but I don't yet know if that will be its unveiling. Decisions decisions. Work on the '29 is ongoing but I don't expect it to be ready. Hmmm. 

At least we can probably agree that we won't be driving east from the Milwaukee area. That narrows it down ;):P

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

I can attest to Tony's place as a fun spot for a PWD guy to visit. Great people, lots of knowledge and typically something interesting in the shop. That said, it can be an expensive place for a '29 guy to visit :rolleyes: Tony had told me he intends to bring some parts to vend at the meet so we need to ensure he can find the PWD clubhouse. 

Ive only been to a pole barn and another spot for lunch in Rhinelander...that is closer to on the way home for me. 

I I had picked up some Wisconsin travel stuff this year (between the Brookfield people in Allentown, our stop over in Wisconsin Dells on the way home or my early November trip to buy stuff from Tony, I've had opportunities this year). One big issue is deciding which way to go as there's lots of interesting stuff - may even be able to find ice cream or cheese somewhere. Holy Hill looked interesting. I'm always up for a winery. It seems to me there was a Lake Michigan lighthouse to the North of Milwaukee. Hmm...it would seem I need to find the propaganda again. 

The down side at this moment is that I can't yet confirm that I/we will be able to attend the tour and what Buick I will have. I do have a couple options. It would be nice to bring down the '41 and have a prewar car...I'd like to have the 1975 Electra there for archival judging. The new toy should be on the road, but I don't yet know if that will be its unveiling. Decisions decisions. Work on the '29 is ongoing but I don't expect it to be ready. Hmmm. 

At least we can probably agree that we won't be driving east from the Milwaukee area. That narrows it down ;):P

Gotta love Thiller posts.  14 topics in 30 seconds.  Ha.  We all look forward to seeing you and your family, however you end up getting to Wisconsin.  Be safe.

Winery Tour.  I better find one within walking/crawling distance,  Or for this group, a party store with a wine aisle could work.  Pretty sure every town in Pennsylvania has a drive thru beer store so I was surprised the 2016 After Tour was not sold out so to speak.

Good thing for us the former Head of the Wisconsin Tavern League is BCA PWD member.  Never hurts to have well connected friends.

Ice cream, beer, cheese.  The food pyramid.  I think that about covers it.

• Like 1

• MrEarl pinned this topic

I promised to look into this in more detail, and find the event is called Millers at Milwaukee.  Google It.  One of the  driving forces is Dana Mecum of auction fame.  It is a gathering of vintage race cars, most of which are driven a few laps over the course of two days, Friday and Saturday of our event.  The cost for spectators is a "haughty" $25.00 for any or all of the two days.  Being somewhat familiar with vintage racing, it appears their is no formal schedule of events, but I would assume things will be a bit quiet during lunch.  The cars seem to be mostly Offy -Miller engine powered, other cars would be allowed for club membership.   The owners have some deep pockets to keep this event going, as the charge for spectators would barely cover insurance for them.

Although the Buick Bug would be before many of these cars, I, for one, would like to see it on the track, but it sure would not handle like the newer cars.   I hope someone reading this has some influence with "Buick". I would expect they might be bring some concept cars to Milwaukee and should be able to fit the Bug into a trailer along with the cars.  Milwaukee is a bit closer to Flint than Allentown. 

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Let the countdown to Milwaukee begin.

John

55 minutes ago, jscheib said:

I promised to look into this in more detail, and find the event is called Millers at Milwaukee.  Google It.  One of the  driving forces is Dana Mecum of auction fame.  It is a gathering of vintage race cars, most of which are driven a few laps over the course of two days, Friday and Saturday of our event.  The cost for spectators is a "haughty" $25.00 for any or all of the two days.  Being somewhat familiar with vintage racing, it appears their is no formal schedule of events, but I would assume things will be a bit quiet during lunch.  The cars seem to be mostly Offy -Miller engine powered, other cars would be allowed for club membership.   The owners have some deep pockets to keep this event going, as the charge for spectators would barely cover insurance for them.

Although the Buick Bug would be before many of these cars, I, for one, would like to see it on the track, but it sure would not handle like the newer cars.   I hope someone reading this has some influence with "Buick". I would expect they might be bring some concept cars to Milwaukee and should be able to fit the Bug into a trailer along with the cars.  Milwaukee is a bit closer to Flint than Allentown. 

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Let the countdown to Milwaukee begin.

John

Thanks John.  I think you should also post on the 2017 National Meet thread, post about this Miller event and the Bug and see what you can generate there. I have no pull, I'm just a guy in a robe and PJs on vacation.  Would be a neat destination for the entire Meet participants (say, Friday) but we need to stay focused on the After Tour here (and not screw up the National Meet plans either).  If there is something there on Sunday, let us know, we could potentially visit on our way out of Dodge so to speak.

You did make me think about another item to put on my to-do list and that is a PWD Dinner while in Brookfield.  Not everyone goes on the After Tour.  Mr. Shaw what night do we do that typically and what other stuff is there so we don't conflict?  There is also the 'Online Luncheon' which I've never attended, Mr. Schramm please investigate that, has someone started a thread on it?  Note my Power Move and delegation, ha.

My thanks also to Mr. Moderator or Mr. Earl or whomever it was that made this thread a sticky at the top of the PWD Forum.  We've 'made the big time'.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Brian,

I will get working on that.  Someone usually has an agenda, but I have no word on that.  I find I do not have Kris' current email address, as I thought she was serving as the "lead" person.  But I will try to reach the National Met Committee. The forum meeting, started as a breakfast, then lunch (first one at Hooters), at Allentown, Happy Hour. Next year maybe Midnight, if the trend continues.  

I will let you know what I learn.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I would think you would be able to Tour just fine.

Note my comments above on speed in my first/original post.  35 MPH +/- 5 MPH depending on vehicle and driver.

How well does your 1927 run, can you maintain 30 MPH on a open road, and can you run ~100 miles on a Summer day with several stops?

Contact me at the email in my Signature.  Happy to help.

Food for thought for others thinking about the Tour:

It does take prep work.  It's one thing to roll a car on and off a trailer and it's another thing to head out on a Tour.  It's also a lot more fun to Tour.

If you have never had your vehicle out for a 100 mile trip, I would strongly suggest you do that before the Meet/Tour for your own peace-of-mind and touring pleasure (and so you don't become stalled entertainment for the show field 'experts'), and so you are not spending the afternoon waiting for the flatbed to come and fetch you on Tour if we can't get you back on the road. 

Does it run well?  Tuned?  Lubed?  Does it cool?  Do all the fluids stay where they are supposed to and not leak out or boil over for a long day?  Start hot?  Is the fuel system clean and not plugged or full of rust and soon to plug/starve?  Are your tires, lug nuts and brakes up to par?  Front end shimmy?  Lights?  Battery?  Are there cotter pins in all the places they are supposed to be?  Tool kit, spares etc etc. Would you not hesitate to jump in it and drive 50 miles away from home?  If you have never toured but want to start, start with a test loop route close to home and just keep making loops.  That loop may be as short as around the block but as you shake out issues, you will expand that loop, but never be that far from home.  Get it hot and make it work.  I think I got 5 houses down the street with my car on my first trek.  The guy I bought my car from drained the fuel tank and I never bothered to look once I got it home and off the trailer.

I've seen cars roll off a trailer that have never been any further than around the block at home and full of 5 year old gas head out on a tour.  They did not do well on the tour and the Tourist did not have as much fun as they could have.  But we find them a rear seat so they find out just how much fun touring is and they go home inspired and do their prep work for next time.  Pretty soon they are driving their Buick and smiling from ear to ear as they take all their friends for long rides.

But then, if you know what you are doing, are a good mechanic, you can buy a car on the way to the Meet and then tour with it like Mark Shaw did in 2006 at Rochester, MN.  He also worked on it for 3 days straight on the show field including mounting 5 tires and tubes and a new exhaust heat tube and a long list of other items to get it ready and he and the 1924 Buick did well.

Remember, the folks smart enough to help you with an issue on a Tour, and they will, are also smart enough to know if you did your prep work before you left home.

• Like 4

I officially have more venues than you can possibly see in three days of PWD touring.  So, in Pre War Division fashion, I will figure out routes to make them a la carte and attendees can pick and choose.  Want to see them all?  Well you can, but it may take a couple extra days.  Fine with me.  The directions and roads will still work :P

Here's the list so far so you can do some surfing as you sit in front of your warm computer (single digits in mid Michigan right now)

Thursday Night PWD Dinner / Get Together   (need to figure this out still, any ideas for something interesting and not too far from Brookfield would be welcome.  I've not worked on it yet.)  and you don't have to be going on the After Tour to join us.

Sunday as we travel to our PWD Tour Hub Town  ~97 mi,  plan is to stop at all 3

Holy Hill Basilica   https://www.holyhill.com/

Octagon House, Watertown, WI   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octagon_House_(Watertown,_Wisconsin

Little Amerrika Amusement Park (1950's restored small local park, free admission, rides a la carte)   http://littleamerricka.com/

Arrive DeForest, WI  $till working on the best hotel in this area as our hub location

Monday's Loop ~114 miles  You can do both Circus World and the Railway Museum but it would be a long day to see both well.

Free ferry crossing of the Wisconsin River   http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/travel/water/merrimac/history.aspx

Circus World, Baraboo, WI  Wagons are something, but busy, as it will have 'Dells' tourist load

https://www.circusworldbaraboo.org/our-treasures/wagons/

Van Hise Rock (free!)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Hise_Rock

Mid Continent Railway Museum   http://www.midcontinent.org/

Tuesday's Loop ~97 miles

Taliesin House and Grounds - Frank Lloyd Wright Estate  you could spend a whole day here, a bit pricey but amazing, several tour packages available.   http://www.taliesinpreservation.org/

House on the Rock  ~3 hrs  https://www.thehouseontherock.com/HOTR_AttractionMain.htm

And if you've been to both Taliesin and House on the Rock, there is Cave of the Mounds  http://www.caveofthemounds.com/

Those that have been to any of these please comment.

So far I have some very good routes planned, that are worth it, if all you want to do is go for a nice Tour on some great country roads with some good directions.  In fact, the routes are such you can pick and choose what you want to see (or not see) and (maybe) still get home.

Sorry if you wanted to see the world's biggest wad of gum, smelly shoe, dirty tub.  Maybe next year.

More to come on this as I firm up the hotel and determine interest so we can get a rough count.  If you know you plan to Tour, please send me an email to the address below, so I can save it to a file and build an address list for more detailed instruction emails nearer the date.  I will start a separate thread on the Thursday PWD Dinner once I have that figured out.

ch7.jpg

• Like 1

I just found this thread and thought I should reply. First, I have not yet joined the BCA as our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club. I may join so that I can attend the meet in Brookfield, I live quite close, with our 1912 Buick Model 28 unrestored but preserved roadster. Our other Buick is prior to the start of GM and from my understanding the cub is interested in the GM Buicks while ours is a 1906 Model F. I think Billy Durant still had something to do with it, did he not?

Anyway I live in Lake Mills, WI and Joyce and I have hosted many tours here in Wisconsin for both the Illinois Brass Touring Region of the AACA (Chicagoland Region of the HCCA) and the Wisconsin Region of the Classic Car Club of America as well as having just started the newest region of the HCCA, The Southern Wisconsin Region. Being a real estate appraiser, I know the roads here.

I would be happy to help with your tour if you are interested. I looked at the Sunday ideas above and think the Octagon House is a great stop but going west you should stop In Waterloo for their antique carousel. I would also recommend Little Amerrika but contact Darrell Klompmaker there. They operate 15" gauge steam locomotives (one is from Gene Autry's Melody Ranch) and also erect and repair them at the rear 'roundhouse'. We have taken and directed numerous tours there and Darrell often open the shop for the tourists. Well worth checking that out.

The Miller event at the Milwaukee Mile is awesome and well worth a day there. I plan on being there on Friday. Yes, it is hosted by the Miller-Offenhauser Society but other race cars attend all the way back to the brass-era. Last time I was there I was on the track in Mercer race cars and a 1911 Cutting. The sight, sounds, and even smells are a pure joy to car enthusiasts. Nothing more exciting than being on the track in a brass-era race car other than flying in a WWII bomber. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, if I (we) can help let me know. However I will out of touch for about a week after January 18th when I get to have the pleasure of hip replacement surgery. Contact Thomas Edfors @ brasscars@charter.net

• Like 4

I will have to confirm with She Who Must Be Obeyed regarding our plans exactly. We will most likely have at least two Buicks at the meet but don't know age yet. I may need to be in the Twin Cities for Tuesday morning so may partake of part of the tour. Suzanne and the young ones in attendance may be able to take it all in. 

That looks like some pretty interesting stuff. I've heard of some of them but haven't seen them. 

• Like 1

Agree with Ben's comments to Thomas .. We will be thrilled to see your 1906 and 1912 Buicks!!!

As I mentioned about the House on The Rock. When we stopped on our way to the Portland nationals it was a FULL 3 hours and we were pooped. Just way too much to take in to hurry through. We checked on the Taliesin Tour and it was over $50.00 a person 3 years ago.

Larry

On 1/7/2017 at 1:49 PM, AVS619 said:

I just found this thread and thought I should reply. First, I have not yet joined the BCA as our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club. I may join so that I can attend the meet in Brookfield, I live quite close, with our 1912 Buick Model 28 unrestored but preserved roadster. Our other Buick is prior to the start of GM and from my understanding the cub is interested in the GM Buicks while ours is a 1906 Model F. I think Billy Durant still had something to do with it, did he not?

Anyway I live in Lake Mills, WI and Joyce and I have hosted many tours here in Wisconsin for both the Illinois Brass Touring Region of the AACA (Chicagoland Region of the HCCA) and the Wisconsin Region of the Classic Car Club of America as well as having just started the newest region of the HCCA, The Southern Wisconsin Region. Being a real estate appraiser, I know the roads here.

I would be happy to help with your tour if you are interested. I looked at the Sunday ideas above and think the Octagon House is a great stop but going west you should stop In Waterloo for their antique carousel. I would also recommend Little Amerrika but contact Darrell Klompmaker there. They operate 15" gauge steam locomotives (one is from Gene Autry's Melody Ranch) and also erect and repair them at the rear 'roundhouse'. We have taken and directed numerous tours there and Darrell often open the shop for the tourists. Well worth checking that out.

The Miller event at the Milwaukee Mile is awesome and well worth a day there. I plan on being there on Friday. Yes, it is hosted by the Miller-Offenhauser Society but other race cars attend all the way back to the brass-era. Last time I was there I was on the track in Mercer race cars and a 1911 Cutting. The sight, sounds, and even smells are a pure joy to car enthusiasts. Nothing more exciting than being on the track in a brass-era race car other than flying in a WWII bomber. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, if I (we) can help let me know. However I will out of touch for about a week after January 18th when I get to have the pleasure of hip replacement surgery. Contact Thomas Edfors @ brasscars@charter.net

Tom,

I too plan to participate in the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  And, as the founding director, I welcome you to join the BCA Prewar Division.  Contrary to your belief that "our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club", the PWD has over 300 members with pre-WWII cars.  Our previous tours have consistently included less than 20 cars, which makes our tours a bit easier to get to know everyone on the tour.  We usually cruise at the speed of the slowest car or allow the slower cars to leave earlier so we all arrive at our primary destinations at about the same time.  Your 1906 Model F Buick would be a welcome addition to our group, and I know from personal experience that it would easily keep up with our group.

I am sure Brian will more than welcome your help in planning the 2017 AfterTour.  We have always tried to include locals to help with routes and destinations that are tried and true for car tours already done by AACA, HCCA, VMCCA etc.

3 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Tom,

I too plan to participate in the 2017 PWD AfterTour.  And, as the founding director, I welcome you to join the BCA Prewar Division.  Contrary to your belief that "our Buicks seem a bit too old for the club", the PWD has over 300 members with pre-WWII cars.  Our previous tours have consistently included less than 20 cars, which makes our tours a bit easier to get to know everyone on the tour.  We usually cruise at the speed of the slowest car or allow the slower cars to leave earlier so we all arrive at our primary destinations at about the same time.  Your 1906 Model F Buick would be a welcome addition to our group, and I know from personal experience that it would easily keep up with our group.

I am sure Brian will more than welcome your help in planning the 2017 AfterTour.  We have always tried to include locals to help with routes and destinations that are tried and true for car tours already done by AACA, HCCA, VMCCA etc.

I had a really nice chat with Tom this past Sunday.  Wonderful gentleman, very helpful and lots of cars too.  Seems all my HCCA buddies know of him as I chat with them this week.  I need to get out more!

• 1 month later...

After Tour Hotel Room Block has been set. 

Here are the details. 

Make your own reservation.

Block and price will be held until May 1st.

Arrive Sunday July 9th

Depart Wednesday morning July 12th

So, if you are Touring with us all 3 days you need to book 3 nights, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights.  July 9/10/11.

Holiday Inn Express

7184 Morrisonville Rd.

De Forest, Wi  53532

(608) 846 8686

Mention Buick Club of America for Group Rate of $104 (normally $119)

(I should have the Thursday PWD Dinner all set in the next few days and update that posting)

Thx!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Darn near mid April and the After Tour room block reduced group rate in De Forest (see above) expires May 1st so make those room reservations and either post here or send me and email if you have yet to do so regarding your PWD After Tour attendance. 

Same for the PWD Dinner, please either post on that thread or send me an email if you have yet to do so regarding your attendance for dinner.  Thx!

OK, someone asked about my bear pictures.  I spent all my summer vacations as a youth in northern Wisconsin in the Springstead, WI area.  A regular highlight was a trip to the local dump at sunset to see the bears show up and check out any new treats.  Fish guts from our day's catch were a favorite.  Everytime I think of Wisconsin, I'm 8 years old in our Pontiac station wagon watching those bears as my Dad would lower his window and my Mom would yell at him and my brothers and I would scream with delight, or my brother would reach up from the back seat and pull the lock knob on Mom's door as if the bears knew how to open her door and she would scream.  Raising 3 boys, 4, if you count my Dad, my Mom deserved a medal.

O.K., I will go out on a limb and guarantee that you will see bear on the 2017 PWD After Tour, or your Tour Director will give you $5.  Can't get that at some lesser club!  No sir!  Come to Wisconsin and have some fun!  With all that covered, we need a new picture.

FB_IMG_1491699924345.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...