1929 DA wireing question..

Guest Joebeeker

Guest Joebeeker

Good Morning.....

Work is coming along on my friends 1929 DA.

I am installing the new wiring harness and ran into a problem with documentation and what is installed in the car.

The headlight wires connect to a "terminal block" and the cars wiring harness connects it a "terminal block" the connects to the steering box light switch.

The problem is there is no "terminal block" with reach to connect the two wiring harness together in the engine area.

So where is this "terminal block" located and pictures would help.

Thanks in advance.....

As Bob says, there should be no terminal block on a DA that I am aware of. I have fitted a new wiring harness to my DA and it did not have any terminal block connections and my DA did not have any terminal block anyway.

I would suggest that the one you are working on may have been modified at some time.

Regards, John

Guest Joebeeker

Thank you all for your input!

I have two wiring diagrams for a 1929 DA.

One has a terminal lock of which the head light wiring attaches to then jumpers over to the light switch.  This diagram is from the wiring harness manufacturer.

The second doesn't have a termanial block and all wiring connects directly to the light switch.  This one is a copy from some manual and titled:

"Dodge Brothers six (1929), serial numbers DA-1 production started Dec 17, 1928 North East Generating, starting system Noerth East Ignition"

I am currently waiting for a response from the harness manufacture about the terminal block.

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joebeeker

Wireing update:

Well after lots of research and talking to the wireing harness supplier I found out that I was sent the wrong harness for our car.

Acording to the supplier there is a harness for a steaming box mounted light switch and another harness for a dash mounted switch useing a "wireing terminal".

So with a little reconfiguration the wiring harness was mounted to the steering box light switch and wired into the dash components.

The wiring was tested and almost everything works. 

Now i have to fix an ungrounded tail light, malfunctioning ELECTRIC WIPER MOTOR, and a malfunctioning interior dome light.

Thanks for all your help!