Regal Underslung

bruffsup

Yes, that was my car.  One day on Ebay, I was searching for "1910 Buick", and this car came up, since in the title the seller said "1910 Regal, not a Buick"...and that was in the days when you could contact the seller....I see the date tag is 1999, which I gues is correct, but somehow I think it was a little later than that and the camera just wasn't set correctly.  Anyway, I called and made a deal on the car.  A friend of mine runs a car transport business, for some reason at the time my enclosed trailer wasn't in service, so we went into the wilds of Western Maryland to retrieve the car.  It was sitting on a little trailer, since the wooden wheels were shot.  I had to buy the little trailer in order to load the car!   My buddy was looking at me the whole time saying "Seriously?  You paid money for this?" Got it home, had Calimer build new wheels for it, and realized that it was a little too much of a project for that point in my life.  I put it on Prewar Car at a price exactly 4 times what I'd paid for it, and it was sold in 2 hours!

Neat car, I don't know anything about any racing history.  The cowl, when I had it, looked very home made.  Due to the dropped frame, there was a substantial wood piece under the hood to make up the difference, I see that's gone.  Very interesting car, with a subframe carrying engine.  No idea what he's asking for it, he put a lot of work into it, but to me, it's still a speedster made from parts.  The original roadster body on this car is very attractive, and that would have been the way to go had I kept it..

One other note, what the pictures don't show is that the gas "tank" for the car was a beautiful, very early, Shell one gallon oil can....mounted to the firewall...I removed it, put it on a shelf, and one day in a fit of selling passion put it on Ebay, where it brought an interesting percentage of the purchase price of the car!!