Sign in to follow this  
Centurion

Wanted: 1959 Buick Triple Turbine Rebuildable Core

My wife and I have enjoyed many thousands of miles of pleasurable motoring in the '59 Electra, but it's time for some major servicing in preparation for the years ahead.

Along with the torque ball seal and the rope seal at the rear of the engine, it's time to address the Triple Turbine transmission, which has begun to slip. I've been assured that the condition will only worsen.

I've spoken with the Buick Club's expert rebuilder of the Flight Pitch / Triple Turbine transmissions, and the plan is to locate a rebuildable 1959 Triple Turbine core, then ship to him for a rebuild. This will allow us to quickly replace the existing 3T rather than tie up the repair shop while we wait for my transmission to be rebuilt.

So, will anyone here sell me a complete, rebuildable '59 Triple Turbine and have it shipped to Ohio for me? All leads are welcome.  Please send me an e-mail me directly at: brianL@americanconstco.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

16195059658_85d820b89d_b.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2carb40, the 1958 Flight Pitch will also work, but there are some visible external differences, and the rebuilder would prefer to reserve the '58 cores for those wishing to complete accurate restorations of their '58 Buicks.

Thanx 4 the update. I will look around for a '59 specifically. Do you know the #s on the I'd tag to check?

Thank you to all who have replied.  I have located two of the 1959 Triple Turbine cores, so should be good to go!  I appreciate the help I've received here.

• Like 2