Whats my car worth ?

Bill Stoneberg

Come on guys, don't be so tough.

A few diamond plate patch panels like they do on old jeeps and she'll be good for another 100K.

Speaking of "SALT", did you hear that effective now, Denver is changing from Mag Chloride  to  "Brine", to be laid down before the snow comes.

A yuppy word for SALT...........

Supposedly SALT can be bought for less than half the cost of the Mag and Denver's democrats don't care if your car goes away, in fact they would prefer it.

There goes all those "rust free" Colorado cars................

Wyoming is looking better each day...........

Mike in Colorado

On 12/21/2016 at 5:29 PM, FLYER15015 said:

Speaking of "SALT", did you hear that effective now, Denver is changing from Mag Chloride  to  "Brine", to be laid down before the snow comes.

Our area of Ohio started using the liquid brine a few years ago. They put it on the roads as a pre-emptive strike. The mechanics around here immediately starting seeing increased rust reminiscent of the 70s and 80s that they hadn't seen in a while. Exhaust companies celebrate!

• Like 1

Exhaust companies celebrate!

I moved to Texas 40 years ago from Illinois. I have yet, on any of my cars, had to replace an exhaust system due to rust. 

I replaced them on my Wife's truck because it didn't rumble the way she thought it should and put them on cars that didn't have them.

But here in central Texas, they just don't seem to rot away.

• Like 1

I think this thread would be more interesting if we were told hold this car got this way.  It's the worst I've ever seen, as if it was sitting in water for a couple of years.  How about giving us the story on where it has been.  Most states would not allow you to keep this car on the road. 

2 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

I moved to Texas 40 years ago from Illinois. I have yet, on any of my cars, had to replace an exhaust system due to rust. 

I replaced them on my Wife's truck because it didn't rumble the way she thought it should and put them on cars that didn't have them.

But here in central Texas, they just don't seem to rot away.

GM Started putting stainless steel exhaust systems on their vehicles in the late 80's.  That is why you do not have rusted out exhaust systems any more.

11 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

I think this thread would be more interesting if we were told hold this car got this way.  It's the worst I've ever seen, as if it was sitting in water for a couple of years.  How about giving us the story on where it has been.  Most states would not allow you to keep this car on the road. 

Sorry  I found the picture and posted it.  No idea whose it is or where it is.  Agree It would be a good story.