Whats my car worth ?

Bill Stoneberg

10 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Not even sure where to start the bidding on Ebay.

Nice Wagon, good interior, runs well. Always garage Kept.

15542006_10211481399021315_2298619109470935498_n.jpg

Give it an Ebay buy now price of $25,000.00 and start the bidding high, real high. Don't buckle to the first $5 cash offer. Somewhere out there is a horror movie that needs a car like this and it could be the next Christine.

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

:lol:

That's pretty funny!

If I had to guess, I'd say that car was sporting Louisiana plates in 2005.

Or maybe at the Jersey Shore during Hurricane Sandy

Sad news is Oregon.

We had a whole inch and a half of snow in the Portland area last week that paralyzed the whole area.

I will admit that it was a pretty slippery snow but sheesh one and a half inches.

So on the news last night the DOT announced that they will be experimenting with salt on some main freeways next time this happens.

They explained that one of the reasons that they have never used salt were environmental reasons. Oregon is like that. So what's different with the environment now?

They also said that salt is difficult to store in a wet climate and difficult to transport. Not to mention that there isn't any salt around here except in the Pacific ocean.

I am going to have to stay off of the main roads next time it snows.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

If you look closely at the wagon the holes are not from salt but from metal munching mice. Notice the holes above the front wheel. They most likely got in by chewing a hole in the floor. That is why it still has a good interior, the rest of the car is history. 

On 12/17/2016 at 1:29 PM, JACK M said:

Sad news is Oregon.

We had a whole inch and a half of snow in the Portland area last week that paralyzed the whole area.

I will admit that it was a pretty slippery snow but sheesh one and a half inches.

So on the news last night the DOT announced that they will be experimenting with salt on some main freeways next time this happens.

They explained that one of the reasons that they have never used salt were environmental reasons. Oregon is like that. So what's different with the environment now?

They also said that salt is difficult to store in a wet climate and difficult to transport. Not to mention that there isn't any salt around here except in the Pacific ocean.

I am going to have to stay off of the main roads next time it snows.

Jack,

here in the NE once the first round of salt goes down (which was yesterday) my old cars that I have in NY stay in storage until we get a few rain storms in April to was it away. In the spring I let my lawn sprinkler run underneath all of my every day cars in several different directions just to try to wash away the salt 

It really is not the salt so much but the sand that gets us. there is too much gravel on the roads mixed in getting kicked up ad blowing out windshields, either way rock salt is nasty stuff

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, John348 said:

Jack,

here in the NE once the first round of salt goes down (which was yesterday) my old cars that I have in NY stay in storage until we get a few rain storms in April to was it away. In the spring I let my lawn sprinkler run underneath all of my every day cars in several different directions just to try to wash away the salt 

It really is not the salt so much but the sand that gets us. there is too much gravel on the roads mixed in getting kicked up ad blowing out windshields, either way rock salt is nasty stuff

When I was in high school one of the places to go was to the coast and we loved to drive on the beach.

When I got home I would turn on the lawn sprinklers and drive around the yard.

Once we had one of those no watering summers and the guy that lived across the street was the head of the water department in the town where we lived.

I got some dirty looks but he  never said a word about that.

He would quite often complain about loud exhaust (and burning rubber) around my house though. He was quite the putz but his daughters liked me.

I really want to come up with something clever and funny, but I just sit here with a stupid smile on my face while looking at the thing! Reminds me a bit of the Ford LTD wagon my girlfriend (to become wife) was driving during college days. I lost track of the "auxiliary grounds" I kept adding as existing grounds rusted away!